Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[software development] File exchange software

Proof-Of-Concept release #2

Alright, I've done quite a bit of work and I am ready to release the second proof-of-concept release. A lot of the work was completed on the admin-CP. Most of the pages still don't contain any settings, but the framework to add settings now exists, which is a huge step forward. In addition, active links are now highlighted and some reorganization has been completed.

You may notice that the download file is now significantly smaller. I removed some unecessary files, and it is surprisingly small at only 112KB. The goal in this project is to keep the software as lightweight as possible. However, despite the smaller filesize, things have definitely been improving. Big Grin

Again, this is not suitable for a live website. It comes with no warranty of any kind. Tongue

How to install
Simply extract and upload the files to your server, then go to the URL in your browser. Filecave will automatically walk you through the installation process. If the installation fails, it will bring you back to the install page for a second attempt. If you are unable to get it to install, please report the bug here.

Licensing
This entire project is licensed under the GNU GPL. A copy of the license is included in the .zip file.

Installation bug found
I've found an installation bug where it does not install if you enter a valid email address for the admin user. This bug will be fixed in the next proof-of-concept release, but for now, just put "example1234" for the email address.

NOTICE: Since this post, many changes have been made in the framework, API, and code. For that reason, all attachments prior to POC release #3 have been removed. Please check back later for more information.

Messages In This Thread
Re: [software development] File exchange software - by Darth-Apple - June 22nd, 2013 at 9:57 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by lookforuu - September 20th, 2013 at 6:34 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 29th, 2014 at 7:49 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 31st, 2014 at 12:02 AM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by brian51 - February 18th, 2014 at 1:20 AM