Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[software development] File exchange software

Alright, I know I haven't published too many updates over the past couple weeks. I have been working on some internal structure and planning a new way of storing system settings. The bootstrap layout is now completely applied to the ACP as well, and I will soon go beyond just theming it. I plan on restructuring it completely so that system settings aren't held back by a flat-file storage structure.

The changes coming soon will result in quite a bit of coding, and I've already begun the framework for those changes. Once complete, the ACP system will not only have a much more flexible design and layout with many new settings to play with, but it will also be more flexible as the project grows. Once I have the baseline work for these improvements complete, I plan on releasing the alpha for this software. For now, you can continue to beta test the release I attached a few posts ago. Be sure to use the second attached version, not the first one that was posted. The second one has a repaired installer.

Also, if you've played with the proof-of-concept releases on your own, you may have noticed that the "like" system is non-functional. The database structure to handle "likes" is now complete, and I plan on programming the PHP for it pretty soon. We might be seeing some ajax for the first time once that's done, and I plan on getting some new icons added to build the frontend look and feel for the project. Stay tuned. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Re: [software development] File exchange software - by Darth-Apple - June 20th, 2013 at 8:16 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by lookforuu - September 20th, 2013 at 6:34 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 29th, 2014 at 7:49 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 31st, 2014 at 12:02 AM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by brian51 - February 18th, 2014 at 1:20 AM