Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things you weren't capable of three years ago
I'm probably gonna end up a professor somewhere, and I'm fine with that. I also don't find a lot of daily applications but I keep finding interesting nitty gritties everywhere just so that I can shoehorn by knowledge of integrals into such and such a situation.

I actually can do much less stuff on the web now than I could a couple years ago Tongue

Thanks given by: Guardian
3 years ago, i would have never thought about actually running a live version of another OS alongside windows. but iam thx to pendrivelinux. i was reluctant in trying something new that involved new technology.
Thanks given by: Darth-Apple
An yeah I love keeping a nix usb around, if for nothing else than to do my monthly virus deep cleaning. After all, virus can't escape if it doesn't even activate due to an unfamiliar is lol.
[Image: oEirbE7.png]
Thanks given by: Darth-Apple
I was quite unfit, I've been to the gym for about a year now so I am capable at exercise and fitness now a lot more than I was in the past. Probably one of my better achievements.
[Image: sig1.png]
Thanks given by: Darth-Apple , Harry K. , Guardian
(May 29th, 2018 at 5:16 PM)Martin Wrote: I was quite unfit, I've been to the gym for about a year now so I am capable at exercise and fitness now a lot more than I was in the past. Probably one of my better achievements.

Something I've wanted to get doing. Went for about 3 months then stopped not too long ago, really need to start going again.
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
Thanks given by:
Talking about fit, here's one...

Eating a vegan diet.

Yep, I'm vegan.
Thanks given by:
(May 29th, 2018 at 10:19 PM)Guardian Wrote: Talking about fit, here's one...

Eating a vegan diet.

Yep, I'm vegan.

I was vegetarian for a while! Even being vegetarian was difficult. Props to you, keep up with it! 

I plan on going back to it eventually.
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:
(May 30th, 2018 at 1:35 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I was vegetarian for a while! Even being vegetarian was difficult. Props to you, keep up with it! 

It takes a bit of effort and research in the beginning. Once you get a feel for things that are go or no-go, it becomes easy.

It's great, and I feel great. The most annoying part about it is people's comments. But, you know, I don't health advice from someone that weighs 300+.
Thanks given by:
lol here here, my mentor who taught me how to play guitar is a vegan, the foods actually pretty tasty.
[Image: oEirbE7.png]
Thanks given by:
(May 28th, 2018 at 10:20 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(May 28th, 2018 at 8:57 PM)Harry K. Wrote: I don't think we do calculus in the UK? And if we do, that shows how much I know. Tongue

Derivatives and limits, does that ring a bell? Hmm... 

Honestly I've never used it real life. It has applications like everything else but it's fairly advanced. Tongue

Nope none of them do ring a bell. It could be a very big possibility that I were "ill" from school that day. :/ And I only went to college for about 2 months so I never actually did any math there.

(May 30th, 2018 at 1:35 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(May 29th, 2018 at 10:19 PM)Guardian Wrote: Talking about fit, here's one...

Eating a vegan diet.

Yep, I'm vegan.

I was vegetarian for a while! Even being vegetarian was difficult. Props to you, keep up with it! 

(May 30th, 2018 at 4:40 PM)Guardian Wrote: It takes a bit of effort and research in the beginning. Once you get a feel for things that are go or no-go, it becomes easy.

It's great, and I feel great. The most annoying part about it is people's comments. But, you know, I don't health advice from someone that weighs 300+.

I have nothing against it, just curious as I have a friend who is vegetarian because she just doesn't like the taste, but could I ask what your guys' motives are? Like is it the fact it is a living thing? Or do you not like the taste? Or other?

I could never do it... Something about not eating meat scares me deeply. I take my steaks blue if you call it that over there?
Thanks given by:
(May 31st, 2018 at 8:03 PM)Harry K. Wrote: I have nothing against it, just curious as I have a friend who is vegetarian because she just doesn't like the taste, but could I ask what your guys' motives are? Like is it the fact it is a living thing? Or do you not like the taste? Or other?

I could never do it... Something about not eating meat scares me deeply. I take my steaks blue if you call it that over there?

Well, I grew up in the South on a typical red-meat eating diet. I, along with my wife, have done it for health reasons. Meat and milk-products have too many links to cancer and we come from families ravaged by it. So, we're making the change. The ethical and environmental reasons are just a bonus.

I have no idea what a blue steak is, and the thought of it is gross. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(May 31st, 2018 at 10:07 PM)Guardian Wrote: I have no idea what a blue steak is, and the thought of it is gross. Tongue

Blue would be considered "rarer, than rare", like literally 2/3 minutes on a hot frying pan on each side, take it off, and serve. This is an 8/10 ounce fillet steak. I've actually been refused to have my steak cooked blue before when I've gone to a restaurant it can take skill to do right.

And I must have been living under a rock (like I usually do), I have't heard about any link to cancer in meat or milk based products? I know things like bacon could but I thought it were because of the salt? But I guess that's a valid reason Tongue Good luck with it! I can imagine it would be quite the challenge.
Thanks given by:
(May 31st, 2018 at 10:56 PM)Harry K. Wrote: Blue would be considered "rarer, than rare", like literally 2/3 minutes on a hot frying pan on each side, take it off, and serve. This is an 8/10 ounce fillet steak. I've actually been refused to have my steak cooked blue before when I've gone to a restaurant it can take skill to do right.

And I must have been living under a rock (like I usually do), I have't heard about any link to cancer in meat or milk based products? I know things like bacon could but I thought it were because of the salt? But I guess that's a valid reason Tongue Good luck with it! I can imagine it would be quite the challenge.

Ah, where I'm from we usually just say "slap it on the ass and slap it on the plate." Tongue

There's a few great documentaries on Netflix. Forks Over Knives is one of them. The China Study is referenced a lot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study
Thanks given by: Harry K.