Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Status Feeds!

We wrote an plugin many years back to manage profile comments. We ended up removing it when we upgraded our forum software (to MyBB 1.8, a pretty major upgrade), which broke the plugin. It was never finished and was always a little buggy, so we were happy to see it go at the time. It also was never released publicly, so there was little incentive to really fix it. Tongue

I rediscovered it today and realized that there was not much that needed to be changed in order to port this to the current version of our forum software. As such, I've brought it back, and it has some features that integrate pretty well with the current version of MyBB. It's still a work in progress, so I'm well aware of a few bugs that are pretty hard to miss. I'm working hard to get it working again! Finna 

Anyway, you can see a status feed in the forum's footer. Try adding a new status. Watch it appear on your profile, in the footer, and under your avatar on your posts. If you reply to another user's status, they will get a notification!

Edit: The more I use it, the more I realize that it's hilariously buggy right now. I'll have it working better within about a week!