Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new portal?
Makestation is nearing 5,000 posts, and I figured it'd be a time to bring in some new features. A few things have already been confirmed, and I was thinking about potentially bringing on a portal as the homepage and having something much better designed as well. Also, we'd have a much more advanced "spotlight of the day" on the portal, and perhaps some other new community-based features as well. The goal is to make the portal as useful as possible.

What are your thoughts/ideas for the portal?
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:
I think implementing a Portal would be a pretty good idea, but I hope that threads that are given "spotlight" change frequently so content doesn't get old.
Thanks given by:
I agree with Atlas, especially with the spotlight.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the feedback!

(September 23rd, 2013 at 6:34 PM)AtlasWest Wrote: I think implementing a Portal would be a pretty good idea, but I hope that threads that are given "spotlight" change frequently so content doesn't get old.

I agree, that will definitely be a priority. We actually have a custom plugin here on the forums that randomly selects a "spotlight" daily from a list in the database to use, so we'll definitely be able to keep content fresh.
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:
Everything sounds great. Go for it.
Ban reason: - (Permanent)
Thanks given by: