Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Experiences with registrars?

I'm currently using NameCheap for my bunch of generic domains, so far I'm happy with them. ICANN has been uncapping prices for a while and that means we are going to be unprotected from Verisign and Identity Digital yearly increases, let's see how that duopoly abuse ends.  

To protect myself against the worst, I registered .eu domains for the first time, those are out of reach for speculators, because of not being generic.

What registrars are you using? NameSilo, Porkbun, Google Domains, Tucows, others? What is your experience with them?
Just use Namecheap for now. If they started raising prices I would definitely start looking for alternate registrars.
I use an array of registrars. Mostly because as I buy domains from others, they transfer them to the accounts they are currently registered at.

GoDaddy -Which I'm not a fan of, I usually transfer them out as renewals comes if I don't end up letting them drop
NameCheap - Which over the years, isn't so cheap any more Tongue
DynaDot - Probably where most my domains are. At least, according to how much I spend a year there o.O
Name.com
NameSilo
Hover - I have domains here mostly from buying domains from namepros.com forum
Porkbun - Same thing as hover
NameBright - Probably the cheapest @ $9.15/y for .com

May I ask your thought process on registering the .eu domains to get away from yearly price increases?
Would you ever considering buying a domain for more than 1 year at a time? You lock in your prices that way, and some registrars will give a discount if you purchase more years at once.