Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

following a career plan?

Are you following a career plan?

What is the next step in your career path?
I'm transitioning away from Cyber Security right now, branched into more physical security because I LOATHE a lot of the compliance frameworks we have to use. I'm working on building a rental/flipping business but that's VERY slow. Trying to branch out so I no longer have to work a typical 9-5.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guardian's post:
  • Darth-Apple
I am already 57 and professional firefighter (after 32 years) in the retirement, I have a car mechanic and auto -electrical engineer, now I will register my business in 2023
Mobile motor vehicle. Software diagnosis and updates
Was my hobby off so far I have so many orders that I do it officially
On January 12, 2023 I have the appointment in the Chamber of Commerce.

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tc4me's post:
  • Darth-Apple
I'm sorta in between right now. Currently I'm working IT. but after nearly 6 years with no promotion and no options for it despite getting certifications. I'm giving serious thought to becoming an electrician. less desk time more fixing things hands on.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Nope, I am happy with my blue collar job. I have a cheap mortgage and can pay my bills just fine. I don't want some highfalutin stressful job that will put me in an early grave. I do my 8 hours, then go live a life! No stress at all.
My company doesn't offer a career plan, but as a software developer, I'm grateful to have opportunities to work on various projects and gradually gain more responsibilities e.g. DevOps management, leading development of one of the company's products, and will soon train more junior devs etc.
Partner forum - https://thee.zone/