Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Worst looking forums from internet history

I was looking through lists of bad web designs recently, and I came across something on the Web Archive that pretty much puts everything else to shame. This web design is probably one of the worst web designs I've ever seen: https://web.archive.org/web/200606240738...forum.com/

It was from 2006, so I suppose the standards were a little lower back then. But what's shocking is that this forum still exists today, even though it looks quite different (still not great, but better than it did). And I mean, if it worked for them, you can't argue with results I suppose. It might have looked absolutely terrible, but their website still exists 16 years later. Tongue

What are the worst, most cringeworthy web designs you've ever seen? (Don't be hyper-critical of good-faith efforts of course. We're looking for hall-of-fame cringe, things that people couldn't have possibly made without intentionally making them look bad. Tongue)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Darth-Apple's post:
  • tc4me
There were SO MANY horrendous designs back in the day. I ran a few of them. Tongue All dead and gone now thankfully.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guardian's post:
  • Darth-Apple
And we have a new contender for 2022. 

I love MrBeast (and he's indisputably one of the greatest content creators and marketers in internet history). But this website is... bad. I gotta give it to them, it's cringeworthy enough that I highly doubt it wasn't done on purpose. Tongue

• Under My Skin
(January 3rd, 2023 at 5:00 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: And we have a new contender for 2022. 

I love MrBeast (and he's indisputably one of the greatest content creators and marketers in internet history). But this website is... bad. I gotta give it to them, it's cringeworthy enough that I highly doubt it wasn't done on purpose. Tongue

Oh my god, is this what Gen Z into? No offence but it hurts my eyes a bit!
Things will never be the same again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Under My Skin's post:
  • Darth-Apple
(January 3rd, 2023 at 6:51 AM)Under My Skin Wrote:
(January 3rd, 2023 at 5:00 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: And we have a new contender for 2022. 

Kinda looks like it was inspired by Ling's Cars almost. (And that's an actual legitimate business too, she actually leases real cars in Europe and she's good at it too.)

They're both eyesores, but I guess they look bad enough that they attract attention for it. Can't argue with results I guess.

• tc4me
(January 3rd, 2023 at 1:40 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:

Kinda looks like it was inspired by Ling's Cars almost. (And that's an actual legitimate business too, she actually leases real cars in Europe and she's good at it too.)

They're both eyesores, but I guess they look bad enough that they attract attention for it. Can't argue with results I guess.

I actually played that "Slap MrBeast" game on that site  Tongue
Things will never be the same again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Under My Skin's post:
  • Darth-Apple
(January 3rd, 2023 at 5:00 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I love MrBeast (and he's indisputably one of the greatest content creators and marketers in internet history). But this website is... bad. I gotta give it to them, it's cringeworthy enough that I highly doubt it wasn't done on purpose. Tongue

That's horrendous and 100% intentional.  Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guardian's post:
  • Darth-Apple
(January 4th, 2023 at 1:07 AM)Under My Skin Wrote:
(January 3rd, 2023 at 1:40 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:

I actually played that "Slap MrBeast" game on that site  Tongue

I'm probably going to wind up down the rabbit hole soon enough myself. Tongue

Or This 

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tc4me's post:
  • Darth-Apple
(January 4th, 2023 at 7:56 PM)tc4me Wrote: Or This 

That one has got to be the worst I think I've ever seen.

• tc4me
(January 4th, 2023 at 8:04 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(January 4th, 2023 at 7:56 PM)tc4me Wrote: Or This 

That one has got to be the worst I think I've ever seen.
Finna Finna Finna

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tc4me's post:
  • Darth-Apple

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's looking forward to MyBB 1.8? Darth-Apple 13 19,609 November 2nd, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple