Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SSDNodes - Scam Host?

I agree. Definitely fake reviews.

services such as these are misleading. You'll look at their website and think that you're getting 6 cores for $110/year (even though this is financially not feasible), but in reality, they can do this because they are counting on nobody actually using those cores.

If anyone got even close to using those cores for a busy project, they would suspend you. They are also definitely overselling RAM and Disk, but that does not so much matter as long as you have access to it when you need it (although it usually brings performance problems on KVM). But in reality, the "six core VPS" is actually a 1 core VPS with a lot of burst room, where you'll get suspended for using more. And by the time you're suspended, you've already paid three years up front and they have your money.

That more or less seems to be their strategy. I can see how it would work. Everyone on their host nodes is barely using resources, so they they can sell misleading products and bury the details in the TOS. You can never really use said resources because if you do, you're suspended.

I have a feeling that a representative will try to chime in over here at some point (this has happened at various other places and they monitor them apparently). It will be very interesting to see what people have to say. Finna

Messages In This Thread
SSDNodes - Scam Host? - by Darth-Apple - May 7th, 2020 at 2:39 AM
RE: Scam Host? - by Guardian - May 7th, 2020 at 12:40 PM
RE: Scam Host? - by SpookyZalost - May 7th, 2020 at 2:36 PM
RE: Scam Host? - by Darth-Apple - May 7th, 2020 at 4:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you ever consider using a free forum host? Darth-Apple 2 5,536 December 27th, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple