Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How is your university handling grades?

Yeah same kinda stuff is happening here. Students aren't really that pissed off about their classes since honestly we all understand that it was hard for both students AND professors to adapt in literally a weekend, so profs also went a little easier on grading. I'm happy enough with my grades this semester.

But although most universities in the area say they're 'reviewing fees and costs' for students, they also stated that tuition remains the same. That's what we students are pissed off about. There's just a completely different quality between going to a class and meeting with the professor during office hours, and watching youtube videos made by the prof, attending a skype call, and throwing emails back and forth, all the while your answers get graded by an algorithm and you don't get feedback generally. Shit I'm not saying make it free, I understand that the uni has their own fees and professors have their own salaries. But hot d*** if it shouldn't be half-off or at the very least 20% cheaper or something. It's not like the summer/spring semesters are super full either, the uni can definitely afford to lose a bit of money during the semester that most students don't attend.

That being said, I do know that while everything is online, professors and students can decide whether they want to be graded as pass/fail (not contributing to GPA/CGPA but counts as credit/prerequisite) or standard grading up to a mutually-agreed-upon discretion between students and staff for each individual class. So that's nice, can really soften the blow if you had a really hard time adjusting to online life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How is your university handling grades? - by Lain - May 5th, 2020 at 3:26 AM
RE: How is your university handling grades? - by tc4me - May 5th, 2020 at 4:27 AM
RE: How is your university handling grades? - by tc4me - May 5th, 2020 at 4:59 AM
RE: How is your university handling grades? - by Lain - May 5th, 2020 at 6:05 AM
RE: How is your university handling grades? - by Guardian - May 5th, 2020 at 11:25 AM
RE: How is your university handling grades? - by Lain - May 5th, 2020 at 3:00 PM