Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Design] Need feedback for my forum

(March 25th, 2020 at 8:49 PM)Plushy Wrote:
(March 24th, 2020 at 9:17 PM)Lain Wrote: Honestly, I hate the blue lol. I don't mean that in a bad way, but jeez, it gives me sooo much eyestrain after like 15 seconds. It's like, dark, but the B in RGB is maxed out. Idk.
Imagine when I decided to change to purple-pinkish-velvet e.e

Since our community is mostly writing based, we really need to have a dark theme but default. But most "dark" forums are just... grey shaded and in the worst cases... black #000 with a red or blue bar. Finally we decided for a semi colorful scheme zubat blue/purple since is the most representative cave pokemon.

Have you tried something along the lines of a Solarized (Dark) theme?
It's dark but not just grey, kind of an unsaturated very dark blue with offwhite text.
Of course you could always modify at your own will, but it's designed with eye-strain in mind and doesn't look like every other dark-theme forum.

But the tradeoff is that it's a really common theme for programmers or whatever, so unless you modify it pretty extensively, people who look at your site might get the wrong idea.

The updates look good. Makes sense about the horizontal postbit and all, now that you mention it. Wattpad and all those other sites use similar styles and I get why.

Not gonna comment on mobile theme since I'm already heavily biased against mobile browsing, but one thing that I noticed pretty quick on the desktop version was that the fonts for the menu (white) and the fonts for login/registration (blue) are different. Makin my OCD go nuts lmao.

Messages In This Thread
Need feedback for my forum - by Plushy - March 24th, 2020 at 7:36 PM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Lain - March 24th, 2020 at 9:17 PM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Darth-Apple - March 24th, 2020 at 10:12 PM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Plushy - March 25th, 2020 at 8:49 PM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Lain - March 26th, 2020 at 12:46 AM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Darth-Apple - March 25th, 2020 at 9:59 PM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Plushy - March 26th, 2020 at 5:31 AM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Darth-Apple - March 29th, 2020 at 2:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for some Feedback - Colore MyBB Theme Harry K. 24 25,098 June 27th, 2018 at 5:27 PM
Last Post: Harry K.