Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Design] Need feedback for my forum

Honestly, I hate the blue lol. I don't mean that in a bad way, but jeez, it gives me sooo much eyestrain after like 15 seconds. It's like, dark, but the B in RGB is maxed out. Idk.

I like the template mods, adds a TON of personality to the page and doesn't make it look like every other MyBB site. So I'll give you props for that, most MyBB devs just ignore it lol

That being said, there's a lot of room for improvement:
--Vertical centering on things like forumdisplay and the page header
--Horizontal centering on the images in the gallery
--Image themes vary a ton. Not necessarily a bad thing, but if you're trying to improve the theme, a big thing is consistency. Right now, userbars are pixel art, there's a drawing on the index page, the table/forum/section headers have a sci-fi wave kinda thing, and on the profile, the 'sections' i guess or buttons or whatever are flat icons. Too much variety IMO.
--I'm also not a fan of the default postbit style (the part with the user, postcount, etc.) since it tends to get cluttered and uses a LOT more space on the page than the classic postbit (I mean look at all that empty space in the middle, and it makes the webpage 'longer' to scroll down.)

But of course, I'm by no means a pro web designer or anything, and these are just pointers that I (generally) try to follow when designing something, and it seems to work pretty well.

Messages In This Thread
Need feedback for my forum - by Plushy - March 24th, 2020 at 7:36 PM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Lain - March 24th, 2020 at 9:17 PM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Darth-Apple - March 24th, 2020 at 10:12 PM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Plushy - March 25th, 2020 at 8:49 PM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Lain - March 26th, 2020 at 12:46 AM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Darth-Apple - March 25th, 2020 at 9:59 PM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Plushy - March 26th, 2020 at 5:31 AM
RE: Need feedback for my forum - by Darth-Apple - March 29th, 2020 at 2:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for some Feedback - Colore MyBB Theme Harry K. 24 25,098 June 27th, 2018 at 5:27 PM
Last Post: Harry K.