Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stock market

Waiting til judgement day and the reckoning before I buy in, seems like we're not too far off at this rate :D
/sarcasm

I'm surprised because even crypto is taking a pretty big hit, /biz/ is in absolute chaos over it because it seems we were all under the impression that when stocks and fiat took their major hit, crypto would be the one to take over but that's not looking like the case right now.
It doesn't help that there are people creating 'coins' like $NCOV to try and create a blockchain for corona, whatever the hell that means, but it just makes crypto seem more like a joke. Too many scam coins that are made for the sole purpose of the developers getting rich (and of course anyone who invests like a million dollars into an ICO.) It's like penny stocks, but for people who claim to be too tech-savvy for penny stocks.

Mind you, I'm not ragging on penny stocks, there are definitely good ones out there and one of my father's friends made 120k off of one penny stock by investing about 30k into it. I've also read a number of books on the subject, but so far the best one I've encountered that covers it all-around is Peter Leeds's Penny Stocks for Dummies, despite being a fairly intro type of book it really does go in-depth on how to invest properly and avoid getting scammed. Hint: It very rarely involves the stocks themselves and more about actually interacting with the company's Investment Officer to get some numbers about company employee growth, roadmaps, and projections, and then waiting a couple months and talking to them again to see if those promises were kept and then deciding if it's worth investing in. But, to be fair, you can only really get a phone call with that person if you plan on investing a relatively large sum of money, like 10k minimum.

If I wasn't a broke-boy I'd probably invest a bit. If all goes well I should be running into a fairly large sum of money from a different investment which I can then invest into something. Gotta buy that dip, but I don't think the dip is quite over yet until Moderna and that Israeli company can finalize their human tests for their Corona vaccines. So far it's looking good for them, so those should be the two companies to invest in.

Messages In This Thread
Stock market - by Darth-Apple - March 11th, 2020 at 6:38 PM
RE: Stock market - by Lain - March 11th, 2020 at 8:54 PM
RE: Stock market - by Guardian - March 12th, 2020 at 12:38 PM
RE: Stock market - by Darth-Apple - March 12th, 2020 at 3:01 PM
RE: Stock market - by Guardian - March 12th, 2020 at 9:40 PM
RE: Stock market - by Lain - March 12th, 2020 at 11:30 PM
RE: Stock market - by Guardian - March 13th, 2020 at 12:59 AM
RE: Stock market - by Lain - March 17th, 2020 at 2:21 AM
RE: Stock market - by Darth-Apple - March 17th, 2020 at 3:10 AM
RE: Stock market - by Guardian - March 17th, 2020 at 12:18 PM
RE: Stock market - by SpookyZalost - March 17th, 2020 at 2:43 PM