Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev Software
I'm considering wiping my PC yet again and I can usually get down my 'essential' software within a few minutes. After that, I focus on getting all my dev shit down and sorted nicely.

So what are your usual editors/toolchains/IDEs that you install whenever building back up?

Windows:
Text Editor:
  • VS Code
  • EmEditor
IDE(s):
  • CLion (C/C++)
  • GoLand (Go)
  • IntelliJ (Java)
  • Visual Studio (.Net, some C/C++ related stuff too.)
  • Arduino (Arduino)
  • Keil uVision (microvision) (Embedded applications in C, MDK)
  • Gnat/GPS (Ada)
Other:
  • STM32cubeMX (Code generator for STM32 boards)
  • Fritzing (Schematics)
  • Choco/NuGet (Package Managers)
  • Git
Toolchains:
  • Node
  • MinGW (C/C++)
  • Non-VB/C# VisualStudio packages (F#, linux, etc.)

Linux:
Text Editors:
  • VS Code
  • nvim
  • Atom (ONLY if VS Code isn't supported on the target without overlays, AKA Gentoo)
IDEs:
  • Arduino
  • mBed (not installed, just what I use.)
Other:
  • Git
Toolchains:
  • Node
  • GCC family
Most of my Linux development is in C so I don't need to go overboard with the IDEs (not that there are many good ones available for Linux.)
Thanks given by:
I'm not a developer but...

I typically use Gedit/Notepad ++.

a bit of GCC for compiling c++/C.

a sega genesis C/Assembly compiler (hard to find, runs in wine).

and of course the various python Libraries and such since I primarily code in python for interface stuff.

the one down side to my form of tinkering/programming is that most of the console libraries are written for windows so I have to find ways around it.

luckily atari 2600 software was mostly written in ASM XD
[Image: 5.jpg]
Thanks given by: