Welcome, Guest! We are a creative arts and discussion community, centered around creating a free-spirited and easy-going atmosphere for our members. Registration is required to post. However, you may browse our forum as a guest, and we sincerely hope that you enjoy your stay! x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Devices
(February 4th, 2020 at 3:17 PM)Juneberry Wrote: I actually don't have that many usb connections on my computer, so I have a hub that I only know two things are on: my printer and a data key that I don't actually know why it's connected o.o;
Data key, what's that?
[Image: 5.jpg]
Reply }
Thanks given by:
It's a USB device that you plug into your USB port and you can store data on it. Dad has one that has a restoration program on it that you can boot from to try to fix data related issues with the computer Big Grin
Reply }
Thanks given by:
(February 4th, 2020 at 3:51 PM)Juneberry Wrote: It's a USB device that you plug into your USB port and you can store data on it. Dad has one that has a restoration program on it that you can boot from to try to fix data related issues with the computer Big Grin
Oh! A flash drive!

Also known as a jump drive... Which is odd to me because jump drive = scifi ftl drive lol.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
Ah, sorry! I've always called it a data key. Dad calls it that too. You'd think he'd use the proper term since he worked in the computer world, but... nope.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
lol.

USB devices... where do I start.

Plugged into my desktop right now...
my keyboard and trackball mouse
the touchscreen portion of my monitor
4 port USB hub
another USB hub with SD card reader function
Oculus rift DK2 VR headset (uses USB for data and power, HDMI for video)
the leap motion 10 finger hand tracking and gesture control device.
my wacom tablet
ps3 controller
ps4 controller
Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver
a custom Original Xbox to usb adapter that I plug that controller into (made it myself).
a couple flash drives, one 23gb one 128gb.
a flatbed scanner
USB 720p webcam.
Nikon HD camcorder.
USB surround sound virtual soundcard for my gaming headset.
an MP3 player
Bluetooth adapter.

that's all I can think of that's visual.

everything else is either Parallel port, Serial port (not Universal Serial Bus), or connected to dedicated add in cards including fire wire.

and yeah I know that's a lot... my computer looks like some sort of non euclidian monster with wires, cables, and all sorts of stuff coming out of it/off of it... organized but somewhat organic with wires reaching across the room lol.
Reply }
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Programmable key input devices SpookyZalost 11 1,779 September 20th, 2019 at 8:06 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost