Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Karatlev Region
I'm opening this thread today because lately I have been playing Simcity 4 a lot in this region, and I wanted to start sharing it with you all, as well as give myself more reason to participate in this here forum! Smile 

Today for you I just have this picture of a Cruise Ship Port I unlocked in the city of Zhurstl, apparently it had many more jobs in commercial than I thought. I may post the area again later when it is fully developed.

[Image: QohwvR3.png]
Thanks given by: Guardian
Nice looking ship. I never knew that was in the game.
Thanks given by:
Sweet! Keep them coming Darvince!
Thanks given by: Darvince
Darve, I really love both the ship and the port !!
but that is also extra good news about all the jobs it provides..
thanks very much for this new Cj posting !
Sports fanatic
Thanks given by:
It is very good to see a new CJ started on this site. Welcome, and please show us more!

I like the cruise ship. I have cruise ship ports in some of my cities, and ships occasionally berth there, but in my recollection they are not as nice as the one shown in your first post.
Thanks given by:
(April 25th, 2019 at 7:08 AM)Towncrafter Wrote: Nice looking ship. I never knew that was in the game.

Thank you! I didn't either, I saw the news story in the ticker for it and thought it was neat, and it looked fancy so I plopped it in since Zhurstl is a fancy place. Tongue

(April 26th, 2019 at 7:42 PM)Guardian Wrote: Sweet! Keep them coming Darvince!

Thank you! Heart

(April 27th, 2019 at 11:16 AM)brian51 Wrote: Darve, I really love both the ship and the port !!
but that is also extra good news about all the jobs it provides..
thanks very much for this new Cj posting !

Big Grin It doesn't provide that many jobs, it required them as it's a reward, don't know how many jobs it provides.

(April 28th, 2019 at 7:31 AM)pierreh Wrote: It is very good to see a new CJ started on this site. Welcome, and please show us more!

I like the cruise ship. I have cruise ship ports in some of my cities, and ships occasionally berth there, but in my recollection they are not as nice as the one shown in your first post.

Thank you! I will try to post around an update per week. I don't know why mine looks fancier, because I don't think I have any mods to change what it would look like Tongue
Thanks given by:
Update 2
In this update I will show the public transit situation in Chinauk. There's not very much of it but actually compared to real-world cities there is an impressive amount of public transit usage!

I saw a chart about a week ago that plotted how many trips people take by public transport and how many they take by car, in American cities. I got curious where my city Chinauk would place on this chart since I had placed many bus stops throughout the city to encourage people to take the bus. That will be the focus of this update. Here's an area that is served quite well by buses, to give you an idea of how well Chinauk is serviced by buses:
[Image: 74x7th6.png]
It seems to me that for some reason people are willing to walk much more than twice as far to get to work, than to get to a bus stop.

Here is the city's overview of used bus lines:
[Image: LsK5kdx.png?1]
Despite appearances there are lots of bus stops inside the suburban neighborhoods, but they don't have enough users to show up until they are on the main roads most of the time.

Here is the chart I saw: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...ns2006.png
For Chinauk, it has about the following, found by pixel counting on the traffic volume chart for each type of travel, and then rounding to the nearest 100:
Car trips - 33,800
Walking - 12,600
Bus trips - 6,700
Light rail - 100

Adding those together we get 33,800 for car trips, 6,800 for public transport, and 53,200 total trips, placing it here on the chart:

And this is what it looks like in-game. You can't even see the light rail usage yet!
[Image: WaTJzrK.png?1]

Here is my baby light rail line. Its users increased from just ten (!) to ninety-four after I added in some new mid-density zoning around it. As you can tell, the area is still very young as there are plenty of services around but all the zoning is for poor people and their businesses. The taller commercial building that I remember being everywhere in CSG's cities had just finished building right before I took this screenshot.
[Image: Dr8K7Ol.png]

That's all for today! Big Grin
Nice bus service! Smile
Sims love to walk a lot which I guess helps with traffic. Tongue
Now if we could just get Americans to walk more and stop taking the car to their mailbox. Tongue (Yes, they do that, unfortunately.)
Great update Darvince!

(May 7th, 2019 at 2:25 PM)Towncrafter Wrote: Now if we could just get Americans to walk more and stop taking the car to their mailbox. Tongue (Yes, they do that, unfortunately.)

I've seen this too. Undecided Ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
* SpookyZalost usually bicycles to his PO box because the USPS keeps misplacing his mail two neighborhoods over.

the city design and transit design so far looks great darvince!

it's actually kinda cool to see public transit being heavily used in a still developing area, just wish more areas were like that IRL when it's really only been happening here recently.
[Image: oEirbE7.png]