Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

As yet unnamed forum project.

(July 18th, 2018 at 7:07 PM)Harry K. Wrote: Looks great! I'd suggest slightly changing one of the blue colors, it's very hard to see things like the breadcrumb. Is the number to the left the amount of new posts, or total posts in that forum? Cool idea, I haven't seen anyone do that before.

If you're wanting to actually release this someday, please please please do not use tables as your main content structure. A default responsive theme isn't necessary but building the forum on tables makes it extremely difficult and time consuming for designers to remove them. Even if it means using something like bootstrap to get the main content structure. This doesn't mean you can't use tables in the correct places.

Great works so far, surprised to see so much progress. Big Grin Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I actually agree with your suggestion to change one of the blues. I'll probably change the breadcrumb background to white for consistency.

The number on the left is the number of total posts, and I'm making it so that if there are new posts, it will be red, and another colour if there are no new posts.

I'm going to use tables for display because it's what the cool kids do.

Not really :p. I'm already using divs, although I don't do mobile first. I make sure everything works on a desktop and then make it responsive. Tables will probably be used when needed in posts.

Edit: Bootstrap? Noooooooo.

Messages In This Thread
As yet unnamed forum project. - by capnsquarepants - July 16th, 2018 at 5:15 AM
RE: As yet unnamed forum project. - by Harry K. - July 16th, 2018 at 1:22 PM
RE: As yet unnamed forum project. - by Guardian - July 16th, 2018 at 9:06 PM
RE: As yet unnamed forum project. - by capnsquarepants - July 17th, 2018 at 12:05 AM
RE: As yet unnamed forum project. - by Guardian - July 17th, 2018 at 1:40 AM
RE: As yet unnamed forum project. - by capnsquarepants - July 17th, 2018 at 8:43 AM
RE: As yet unnamed forum project. - by Darth-Apple - July 17th, 2018 at 9:45 AM
RE: As yet unnamed forum project. - by Harry K. - July 18th, 2018 at 7:07 PM
RE: As yet unnamed forum project. - by capnsquarepants - July 19th, 2018 at 2:15 AM
RE: As yet unnamed forum project. - by Harry K. - July 19th, 2018 at 8:00 AM