Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some Feedback - Colore MyBB Theme
That could be cool, fit into the tastes of everyone. As long as the options are decent. Some of the color switching themes currently on MyBB doesn't have the best selection. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(June 12th, 2018 at 11:19 PM)Guardian Wrote: That could be cool, fit into the tastes of everyone. As long as the options are decent. Some of the color switching themes currently on MyBB doesn't have the best selection. Tongue

Haha, is that because of them being pre-set colors, and you don't like the colors they have provided? Or, when a color picker is used, it is used in the wrong way?

The vision would be this: (Each element: [...] once clicked would show its own "color picker")

COLORS
[LINK COLOR] - [HOVER COLOR]
[BUTTON COLOR] - [HOVER COLOR]
[LINK COLOR] - [HOVER COLOR]
SETTINGS
[Fluid Width] - [Fixed Width]
[Switch Colore On/Off]
[Dark Mode(would disable color picker)]
[Reset Colore]

So essentially - there could be no "bad" options. Tongue Their would be the default theme colors, then anything else is literally selected by the user down to the #hexCode. If you don't like the colors, change them their would hopefully be no limitations. Tongue

Again this is in no way a guaranteed feature, it is do-able but a lot of work. I may decide to leave this feature out until MyBB 1.9. Adding a feature like this would mean going over a lot of code that is already there which I will have to do when upgrading to 1.9 anyway.
Thanks given by:
Desktop: https://i.imgur.com/lr1rkZm.png Mobile: https://i.imgur.com/xnFsglE.png

Been playing around with the postbit and quick reply. I've gone for an "integrated" quick reply look. Almost looks like the reply is already posted as you're typing it Tongue Do you guys think it stands out enough? Or does there need to be a more in your face splitter?

Also, as for the sideways pagination, it is inspired by Flarum and their system which I thought worked absolutely perfectly. Done what I can to make it work, let me know what you think, it is in a fixed position and follows you as you scroll.

Other little features shown in this screenshot are:
- Checkbox restyle for the post options, I think this looks really cool. Especially how it integrates really well with the posts.
- Standard floating multi-quote notification.
- Mixed the Search Thread function and Next Oldest/Newest thread into a multi-action button.

Also, I think I am happy with this footer now: https://i.imgur.com/ZPOqqbC.png

Thoughts?
Thanks given by:
I like it! It's creative, not sure I've really seen anything quite like it for MyBB before.

The only thing that I really noticed is that it has no difference in background or contrast that really makes it obvious that the quick reply is integrated. As a user, without maybe a slightly whiter background or something else to differentiate it, I might have a little trouble noticing it/finding it as the quick reply feature at first. Of course that's something you get used to with time, but I think I'd probably be confused on my first time using it. Tongue

Very nice work. Your themes kick serious ass as always my dude. Big Grin
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by: Harry K.
Thinking of including a "Tour Guide" feature which could fix that Using IntroJS. Lots of sites use things like this to offer a "Tour" to new users and first time visitors. I would essentially be planning on having a modal popup offering to take the user through the "Forum Tour", the user could also click a button to run the tour again.

Forum admins can set multiple tours, for example have a "Basic Tour" showing you the pages the forum offers, and you could have "Posting tour" which takes them through posting and replying. Lots of possibility.

The plugin also has a really cool "Hints" feature. When triggered (Either page load, or button click etc..) little circle "hint" bubbles will show on elements, when a user hovers/clicks the bubble it shows the hint. Either this or the tour can be used to show your forums cool features in a fun interactive way! Big Grin

Problem is the hints are triggered using javascript, and the "hints" are added using data-attribute. So for a forum admin to customise/configure their own forums tour, they would require the ability to atleast identify a html element, and add data-hint="Hint Content Here" data-step="1/2/3". If wanting to have multiple tours, you also need to add a class to the html element and modify the javascript slightly. This can get really confusing for none designers/developers even with tutorials. 1 Mess up will disable the tour.

Edit: Instead of building the tour inline/in templates, I've decided to use JSON. This allows the ability to write out the hint, select the element, and define the step process all from one clean file. Keeping everything together and neat, will be a lot easier for editing etc.. Very clean code.
Code:
{
    element: document.querySelectorAll('#step1')[0],
    intro: "Test hint",
    position: 'right'
},

Thinking about it, this would be a freaking awesome plugin if someone had the know how.

Edit 2: After doing a little research and a little more testing I'm thinking about the possibility of using LinkedIns Hopscotch instead of the IntroJS I used to display above. Looks generally better built, with more customisability and options. I am also looking into the possibility of using the built in API to build a section in the Admin CP where admins can create different tours easily without having to edit much if any code, however no promises as this will be a heavy learning curve for me. Big Grin
Thanks given by: