Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Project] Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture)

Technical 1.1: How the Multiversal Bridge Generator works.

I thought I'd write up what I've got in my "Fiction bible" for the story to keep track of stuff.  To that end, let's get into the nitty gritty and do some hyperspatial/multi-dimensional warp mechanics.

Before I can explain in depth the why let's get a few things out of the way, for the drive to work the way it does a few things are assumed on my part.

1. Dark matter is just hyperspatial matter, it's more abundant than normal matter and normal matter interacting with dark matter is what causes time dilation, and the speed of light via drag, and to some degree gravity.
  2. By manipulating the spin of certain quantum particles of which the higgs bozon is one you can generate both positive and negative gravity fields by attracting or repulsing said dark matter, it doesn't take much.
  3. there are multiple levels of FTL drive based on this concept, the MBG is the highest form and real space warp ala alcubierre is the lowest with STL being done through creating a small amount of gravity in front of the ship.
Now that that's out of the way let's look at the basics.  By generating both attractive and repulsive gravity fields space/time contracts in front of the ship and expands behind it, essentially there's a pocket of artificial mass in front of the ship, you're in free fall always moving whatever direction it is, usually forward.  there's time dilation but it's reduced because there's actually multiple pockets of artificial mass which negate and streamline the drag caused by dark matter.

[Image: Sketch-of-the-different-types-of-wakes-a...ship-3.png]

imagine what a submarine does underwater.
now imagine that but instead of water it's dark matter.
the side effect is time dilation is caused by the expansion of space which then collapses back in on it's self, this spatial anomaly can be tracked, but you can use other wake generators to act like a waveform canceler thus reducing time dilation and reducing drag.

there's more than one level too so let's list them in order

1. Realspace warp drive - time dilated
  2. Realspace warp drive - Cancelled dilation
  3. Realspace pocket drive, when utilized properly can "dive" into higher dimensions for more efficient travel time.
  4. MBG - Trans-verse mode: Basically a wormhole drive, you're tunneling through the higher dimensions and traveling through before the tunnel collapses, distance is reliant on power output and ability to maintain wormhole stability
  5. MBG - Multiverse mode: same as above but you're going so deep into the higher dimensions you escape one universe membrane/bubble and enter another, literally bridging two universes by building a tunnel of realspace, temporarily disrupts the void, not all dangers known, creates echo's and wakes as the void fills in the space taken up by the bridge after it collapses.
all of these are basically created by gravity/anti-gravity manipulation and the manipulation of dark-matter density.

[Image: wormhole_connecting_membranes.png]

Like so only farther than just the universe next door, think sliders but with much longer distances, and of course controlled.

power input scales exponentially to distance traveled so there is a hard limit outside of extenuating circumstances.

finally there are multiple layers of multiverse, the universes within each layer all have the same or similar laws of physics but that's all determined by the general constants within each multiversal layer.

the MBG is not powerful enough to transcend layers, that's what tesseracts are for.
Tesseract: an uncommon natural weak point between multi-verse layers, usually stable, could collapse if too much energy disrupts it.

that's about all I have as to how the ascension's MBG drive works, it opens a spatial rift/wormhole, sends a small probe through to higher dimensional space to plot the route the tunnel takes and throws energy at it until the wormhole stabilizes, then the wormhole begins collapsing unless energy is being fed to keep it stable, as you can imagine it's not very efficient. but there's no other known way to traverse the mutlversal void without drawing attention of things existing within said void by essentially swimming in the deep end... and that's a very very very bad idea.

this being the way it is the ascension looks like this.

[Image: LjMbOvQ.png]

[Image: o0YbWs4.jpg]

think of it like a cross between a vulcan ship from enterprise a small imperial wedge ship and one of those triangular UFO's.

the ring is the part that maintains wormhole stability, this is fed into a series of energy emitters which fire charged particles.

on top of that at each of the 3 corners of the ship are quantum gravity manipulators utilizing the previously explained methods to not only warp space/time but allow the ship to essentially keep the section of wormhole it's in stable by pushing against the space/time framework of the tunnel.

End MBG technical explanation.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture) - by SpookyZalost - June 8th, 2018 at 5:17 PM