Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Project] Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture)

************* Day 150: 08:00:00 ship time - Ascension - Bridge - Universe: Trek - Assimilated *************

The ascension hummed to life as the spatial fold formed in front of the ship, two points in the universe brought practically right next to each other allowing near instant travel within universal boundaries. The barrier between regions appeared almost like a singularity, space time distorted and warped having been bent in ways that so many realities only dreamed of.

Standing on the bridge anthony looked on in awe
"I have to give the federation credit here mister data, it was their research and readings when combined with the spatial warp drive that allowed for this to work."

"Indeed, though damaged I'm more surprised the multiversal bridge generator is capable of creating spatial folds." the android replied.

"Consider it a weird idea I've been thinking about for a while. Essentially what the multiversal bridge does is create a wormhole, the catch here is maintaining it while using the warp drive to bring the other side closer... hopefully once the MBG is fully repaired I'm hoping to avoid the problems of wormhole travel across the space between realities." Anthony replied again, his thoughts beginning to wander as he watched the distortion through the view screen.

Slowly the ship accelerated towards the spatial distortion directly in front of it seemingly vanishing almost behind an invisible curtain before appearing on the other side.

"Fold traversal was successful." Data stated anthony continued to remain tense for another minute or so expecting the worst. Suddenly there was a loud buzzing sound, the noise level increasing before suddenly in a bright flash of light anthony found himself no longer aboard the ascension, his environment instead some distant rocky moon, a ringed gas planet hung in the sky above. Within the next moment a clapping sound could be heard with an amused voice seeming to echo from everywhere before appearing to come from one place, directly behind him. "You know I really must congratulate you on your accomplishment, the continuum never expected any humans to move beyond warp drive." A smirk appeared on anthony's face as he recognized the voice.

Turning to face the speaker anthony looked him dead in the eyes, a calm but expectant expression on his face. "So, the infamous Q, we finally meet."

Q's face frowned at that, here he was hoping to have some fun but clearly that was not on the itinerary.
"So I see you've heard of me."

Anthony sat down on one of a pair of flat rocks gesturing for Q to sit upon the other. "I suppose you could say that, honestly I'm surprised you didn't show sooner." He paused before continuing "you see I honestly expected you to show as soon as I showed up here, a person who doesn't belong here, intruding in the galaxy and local multiverse cluster guarded by the continuum... it certainly seems ambitious doesn't it?"

Q's face appeared smug again, albeit cautious. "Well it's not like you haven't been under our watchful eye..." Anthony interrupted Q before he could go on. "Oh I'm sure, it's just that us pulling space together through a wormhole must have been too tempting not to show more than a visual interest in right? I mean with this my ship can go from here to the other side of the universe in seconds..." Smiling amused at the entity before him anthony continued. "Regardless you're late Q, fashionably so? perhaps, but I was hoping to catch your attention sooner... I actually could use your help."

Q returned to his playful mood deciding this was worth hearing "oh really, you need my help? what could you a lowly human need my help for? and more importantly, what would you be willing to do in return?"

Becoming stern anthony took on a serious tone. "Alright look Q, I'm actually kinda stuck here, and this wasn't my original destination either." Q interrupted him this time. "Oh I know, you were going to travel to the universe where the borg are an afterthought and maybe try to chat up some of your favorite heroes." Q's amusement had begun to irritate him slightly. "That's problem one, there's actually another problem, one a person of your particular talents are actually quite suited for..." Q had suddenly glanced in a random direction, an unsettled expression on his face "yeah him, I see you've noticed hotep?, he's been here the whole time, I can't actually see him but he's been a rather large annoying pain in my backside, however if you can get rid of him... well I will owe you a favor, I know just how much you like people owing you favors Q." Q seemed to consider his offer.

"Also... I might be inclined to take you with me, beyond where the continuum has their iron grip on your leash, now doesn't that sound at least somewhat like a fair deal?" Anthony's hand reached out offering a handshake.

"I will have to consider this, but as a gesture of good faith..." Another bright flash and anthony was back on the bridge, mere seconds having passed with no one but Q and himself the wiser. "I'll be in touch." echoed in his mind.

************* Day 160: 00:15:00 ship time - ascension - Captains quarters *************

"Doing a bit of light reading?" a voice came from the chair across the room.

"Something like that..." came anthony's reply "took you a while to show up again, I take it you were busy deliberating with the rest of the continuum?" The tablet was set down on the bed as anthony got up and ordered a cup of hot jasmine/oolong tea from the replicator that had been recently installed in the dozen or so crew quarters on the ship, one of the many projects he worked on to help keep his mind sharp and his attention away from boredom.

"You seem to be making yourself comfortable here, despite the dangers of ever present assimilation." Q stated hoping to get some kind of reaction out of him.

"I'll have you know I personally welcome upgrades and augmentation, but at the risk of sounding rude, what brings you to my quarters this time of night Q?"

"Straight to the point then... you really are no fun you know that?" Anthony smirked as the godling continued. "Your offer has been accepted, you might have noticed the lack of hotep's interference the last few days..." a cube made of some unknown material appeared on the desk, inside was a sphere of light, space somewhat distorting around it before the cube vanished again. "Now about that offer of a way out of here?" Anthony seemed to be looking past Q in thought before responding "indeed I should be able to take you with me when the mbg is fully operational, there's one slight snag, I need a part that's difficult to find in this universe." Q begun tapping his fingers in impatience. "I've been struggling to control/contain the rather large energy requirements just to fold space, let alone bridge universes... that particular component burned out in the accident that sent me here... I just need to retrieve something to replace it and I have a good idea of what."

Q's frown deepened "you're going to steal a transwarp coil?" Anthony set down his half empty cup. "You're d*** right I am, with or without you I need that to get home, it's crucial to controlling the unstable vortex that allows me to leave this hell hole."

He continued "that being said, I know how much the continuum hates provoking the borg so I understand if you want to remain strictly as an observer until I can fulfill that promise."

Q seemed thoughtful "no, I think this will be the most fun I've had here in ages, just don't get assimilated, I'd hate to have my newest entertainment end up something so boring."

"Would you like some tea as well Q? It was rather rude of me not to offer." Q stared puzzled at the human's offer of generosity, treating him as an equal instead of in fear or anger "hmm no I'm fine thanks... indeed this will be most interesting." With that Q faded from existence again, his voice echoing his final words.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture) - by SpookyZalost - December 7th, 2017 at 7:35 AM