Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Project] Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture)

Lost and found.

************* Day 110: 13:45:00 ship time - USS Voyager - Deck 1 - Universe: Trek - Assimilated *************

Anthony had been poking around voyager for a while but after data managed to restore power he made his way up to the bridge.  the lights were dim and there was debris everywhere but some of the consoles lit up and the doors and most of the bridge seemed intact.  inside the ready room he noticed a couple things, the first was janeway's prized coffee cup, in this universe it hadn't been destroyed yet, the other was a padd containing the most recent log entry by one captain katheryn janeway.  finding the captains chair he sat down, after all nobody's here anymore to gripe at him over it, then began reading hoping to gain some idea of what happened to this ship with no federation to come home to.

************* Log of captain Katheryn Janeway stardate 47194.6 *************

We've been tasked with a mission to recover a federation vessel, the USS equinox which disappeared after attempting to avoid enemy pursuers belonging to the klingon/cardassian alliance with the aid of a stolen romulan cloaking device.  the ship reported encountering some kind of shockwave before all telemetry was lost from the vessel.  with the help of my crew we're hoping to recover the vessel and discover what if anything is causing the lack of communications and possibly render assistance to any and all survivors.

************* Log of captain Katheryn Janeway stardate 47213.8*************

we've just managed to get the ship online after a series of unusual encounters which have brought us to the far side of the galaxy, about 75,000 lightyears from where earth used to be and a long ways from home.  the wreckage of the nova class vessel USS equinox was found about 10 AU from the array which showed up on sensors when we entered into the nearest star system.  upon approach the array fired on our vessel forcing us to leave however not without casualties, our doctor vanished along with a dozen other members of my crew and so far the array has prevented us from penetrating it's shields. 

in our explorations we've found only one major space faring race here, the kazon, however their hostile actions and refusal to trade for anything other than technology that would destabilize the local power balance has made my decision difficult, I've decided not to return to the array after a message from the crew on board, apparently they're needed to assist in a local problem with the owners of the array and as such the doctor has promised to return to my ship as soon as the issue is resolved.  in the mean time the EMH can be utilized, it's not perfect, a prototype actually but hopefully we can manage.  fortunately it does appear that we've made a new friend throughout all of this, a mister Nelix who's offered to assist us as our guide in this region of space, the hope is that we can make new friends and possibly someday free the galaxy of the borg threat.

Anthony paused at this noting that the caretaker was not yet dying in this timeline and that the ships doctor along with some crew decided to stay behind to assist in finding a cure, after all it's not like they could go home.

he began scrolling farther down in the log entries to a few years later.

************* Log of captain Katheryn Janeway stardate 51608.3*************

we've detected borg signatures on long range senors, I've been reluctant to get much closer but it appears that we are indeed closing in on borg space, that cube we found a few weeks back was evidence of this fact, I lost good crew that day to the rather violent borg cooperative that inhabit a nearby planet it seems that for a long time a civil war had been going on and we just happened to crash on the wrong side of that war.  In the ensuring battle I managed to escape with three of the crew before some kind of dampening field went up and trapped Lt Mulkahee and ensign sharp on the surface, their life signs soon became erratic and vanished, we were however able to recover several data nodes from the cube giving us some improvements to the long range sensors as well as a better understanding of borg travel and space/time signatures.  we have however heard rumors that the borg are weakening in this part of the galaxy, as to the cause we have no idea however I plan to find out.

[i]************* Log of captain Katheryn Janeway stardate 51619.3*************

We've made a lot of enemies here in the delta quadrant, the vidiians the voth, even a lot of minor powers in our travels, so far nobody is willing to do more than offer a place to stay and make a new home as refugees.  given what we've seen now however I am beginning to loose hope in ever finding a either an ally or a way to end the borg threat.  we've encountered a new threat however that's been keeping the borg occupied for some time, the collective designates these beings as species 8472, unfortunately in an effort to investigate we lost ensign kim as well as our doctor, luckily he was working with the EMH at the time and assures me that the holographic doctor would make a good replacement just in case, I guess now's the time to find out.

[/i]scrolling further down the last log entry is listed on the screen.

[i]************* Log of captain Katheryn Janeway stardate 52939.8*************

we've taken heavy damage and are hiding in a nebula after getting caught between a borg sphere and a species 8472 vessel, we managed to escape the blast after the borg sphere rammed the 8472 vessel taking both of them down, unfortunately due to the damage to the ship this will be my last log entry on voyager, the crew is separating and heading to nearby allies who offered shelter.  I'm leaving this log in case anyone finds it, hopefully someday the federation will come back and find what remained of their lost crew and ship.  if you find this please tell our families what happened.

[/i]the logs end abruptly after but two things were obvious to anthony who had been skimming the logs, the first was that 7 of 9 was not recovered and was most likely never to be.  the second was that the EMH existed in this universe too in some capacity.

anthony quickly activated his communicator. "mister data I have an extra mission for you, if you're done recovering the main computer core?"  "nearly finished." came data's reply "there's a lot of astrometric data which might be useful in charting local space." data continued.

"that's fine, listen there's a program I'm hoping to recover fully intact, I'm not sure of the name but this ship came equipped with an emergency medical hologram." "sir?" data replied.

"something that was being worked on while the enterprise was on mission before wolf 359, a last resort in case the doctor became unavailable and nobody was nearby to help, in the prime timeline they're on most ships as a backup doctor post 2375" anthony continued. "this one however is special, I want you to recover him if you can and upload him to the ascension, if nothing else we could use a doctor and he contains a complete federation medical database and was trained by the ships doctor to take his place should anything happen."

data replied quickly "I'll make sure to download the program."

"excellent" anthony replied "we'll be heading back to the ascension as soon as you are done, I believe the transporters on board voyager should be done beaming over the supplies as well so we should be in good shape."

realizing he forgot one more thing anthony quickly added "one last thing, I want to see if we can salvage the sensor array, apparently there's some special modifications designed to detect borg vessels at long range."

to be continued.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture) - by SpookyZalost - October 30th, 2017 at 9:12 AM