Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Project] Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture)

Dark Frontiers

Anthony Scotts Log
, Day 90, 22:15:10 ship time - Ascension, bridge - universe: Trek, assimilated*************

I don't know what I was expecting when I stumbled across this universe but this is not what I was hoping for... everything is just wrong, the history seems the same up to a point but it diverged heavily... on the up side I was able to scavenge some warp drive tech which made my engines more efficient.  I have to keep my cloak up all the time though because this universe while one familiar up until 2366 has diverged rapidly.  There is no federation, at least not like it was from the show.  the first thing I did was head towards Bajor, or where I thought it was about... the star charts seemed correct based on what I got from that wreck I found in the system nearby sol where I entered this universe.  in case you haven't guessed, this is, or is supposed to be the star trek universe, but everything is just so wrong, there are borg literally everywhere!.

let's go back a step and have a look at how this all started... about day 82 I managed to uncover some working coordinates based on an ancient artifact which my nabbing of a copy of the stargate database led me to.  Everything seemed fine when I sent the probe through the wormhole between verses but there was a sudden discharge of energy behind me as one of the Lucian alliance ships hit the portal just as I was passing through with some kind of energy weapon and I got spit out into a bizarre variant of the universe I was going to.  it seems in 2366 the enterprise was destroyed in it's attempt to rescue captain picard from the borg's grasp and they succeeded in assimilating earth, and from there the entire federation.  the approximate year is 2392 now so they've held onto this space and had nearly 30 years to do whatever, the klingons are holding out, the cardassians were assimilated and the bajoran wormhole never got discovered so the dominion have yet to visit this space.

it's now day 90, and I've been poking around where the neutral zone used to be as of late trying to pick up the pieces and maybe find some help but so far it's all the same story, assimilated colonies, failed attempts to stop the oncoming horde as cubes swarm entire systems grabbing anyone unfortunate enough to catch their eye.

it's not all bad though, from what I can tell the federation did send the uss voyager to the badlands, but to recover an allied ship not a maquis one sent a few years earlier hopefully the queen can be stopped but it's not hopeful, they would have traveled through borg space by now and I feel like janeway never got around to rescuing 7 of 9 before species 8472 forced what remained of the collective to retreat to the alpha and beta quadrants.  oh yeah that's another thing I learned, the borg were pushed towards federation space because of their war with species 8472, unnamed by all but the borg in this timeline.  I did however find something really interesting in the wreckage of the enterprise, during my scavenging efforts I found what looked like a dud torpedo but in reality to my surprise it had someone inside it.  as you can imagine that person wasn't human... if you can figure out why I'm still talking to myself well I'm trying to re-activate a humanoid robot with an unfamilair design and it's taking forever to figure this out as the TV show wasn't clear on the how's and why's... and the enterprise's computer core and any federation database information on the subject was sorely lacking and or corrupted.

************* Anthony Scott's Log, Day 100 12:15:10 ship time - Ascension, fabrication lab/Engineering bay - Universe: Trek - Assimilated *************

so I think I'm finally getting somewhere, after having checked all the circuits again with my multi-meter I think I'm finally ready to put him back togeter... granted his power source won't be the same since I don't have access to the kind of power cells they use here  but I'm pretty sure I can bring him back online... now the question is how badly was what passes for his brain corrupted.  I'm more surprised that the borg never went salvage the wreckage, maybe they've been too busy but I feel extremely lucky to have found someone out here, albeit a probable corpse... I am basically grave robbing at this point.  that's another point, the borg are really messy, maybe it's their war with 8472 but they've littered a huge region of space with the burned out husks of ships from a variety of different species... I'll report back once I finish here but if all goes well I believe I may have some help figuring out what's going on soon enough.

************* Anthony Scott's Log, Day 102: 13:20:00 Ship time - Ascension, Personal Quarters - Universe: Trek  - Assimilated *************

well it worked, I think? I don't know the command to activate him just yet but he's got power, the new power cells as well as the power regulator I placed on them to prevent an overcharge/overdraw seem to work, not sure about battery life though, they won't be as good as his old ones but I can make it work some how.

************* Anthony Scott's Log, Day 110: 10:20:00 ship time - Ascension, Fabrication lab/Engineering bay - Universe:Trek - Assimilated *************

so I managed it, I went over some footage of startrek the next generation I nabbed from the internet back in the stargate universe and found what I was looking for, it was for a very brief moment from season 5 where data's head was recovered from an archeological dig, at the end of the episode Geordie activates data using 3 precise inputs using a very fine pin like instrument, having located the appropriate points on the synthetic brain of the robot I managed to power him up fully.  he just sat there with his eyes open for a while, clearly running system checks before he wandered onto the bridge, I had already gone there after figuring I'd wait for whatever he was doing to finish, doing tech support for years and fixing computers you learn to be patient when they're just coming back online after decades in storage... I wasn't even sure he would come back intact but clearly there was little to no degradation to his files.  I am rather excited to be talking to Lt' Commander Data in person but I do wish the circumstances were less dire, having heard his account my suspicions were confirmed, the enterprise was destroyed by the borg cube during their efforts to rescue Captain picard, I do hope I can work with him without too much trouble, right now he's a sophont without a place to call home after all.

Day 110: 12:15:00 ship time - Ascension, Meeting room - Universe: Trek - Assimilated *************

Anthony Scott was sitting in a chair around a circular table, the room had windows along one side looking out into space, stars were drifting past as the ship continued moving at faster than light velocities, with sensors sweeping at full and scrambling fields keeping the ship a glitch on any sensors belonging to anyone he did not want to meet anytime soon.  sitting across from him was none other than Data, an android built by Doctor Soong recently restored and rescued from an endless sleep adrift in the void.  the center of the table contained a holographic projector which showed a large 3 dimensional map of the galaxy with different colored areas representing the space controlled by various powers.  "as you can see in the almost thirty years since your ship met it's regretful demise the territory the borg control has grown, shrank, and changed drastically, they were nearly wiped out by an entity known as species 8472 about ten years ago before they managed to force the extra dimensional invaders back into their own space... Given what I know about your captain it's clear to me that some part of him must have given the borg an edge against a species as xenocidal as they are." he paused letting the android take all this in awaiting any ideas or information he might hold.
"yes It seems the worst has truly come to pass, but I wish to know more about your ship, how is it you have avoided becoming a drone all this time?" data replied with interest.

"well that's rather difficult to explain, I'm not exactly from here... you are familiar with multiverse theory correct?" Anthony questioned hoping his newfound companion would take to the information as swiftly as he remembered.

"yes... I am familiar with many theories on the subject, the most notable being that of temporal divergence creating multiple parallels infinitely." the android again retorted still not fully grasping what he was being told, suddenly the screen changed again, this time showing a map of a very different sort, it was a large cluster of dots with lines connecting them only briefly, each one labeled with it's own name and coordinates, none of which matched up with data's known database of star systems. "that map... those stars do not register in my database."

anthony smiled warmly before zooming in on one dot in particular. "that would be because those are not stars mister data, those are universes, this is what I have mapped so far based on a lot of information... that dot we're focused on now is the one we are currently residing in, labeled TR-47-13-C, it's a split from this one here, this time a different colored dot showed up a short distance away, I've color coded them based on temporal divergence from what I would call the main timeline, blue being the prime and red being a radically different one, with shades in between to indicate just how far they've diverged."

the android looked intently at the image clearly trying to process all of this before replying "fascinating, so we are not in the prime universe then?"

"no sadly mister data, that was my original destination but there was an accident and I got thrown into this one, unfortunately my multiversal bridge generator was damaged so I'm currently stranded, but on the plus side I was able to rescue at least one person so far."

the projection powered down as anthony got up and walked over to the door "care to join me on the bridge mister data? I believe we are arriving at the next destination in just a moment."

as the star streaks faded and the ship returned to normal space the Ascension began approaching a ship inside a nebula, it's life pods having disengaged and holes were shot through the hull, the ship was of federation design and the scorch marks made it difficult to make out the name but with some computer database aided help they managed to quickly identify the ship "I don't recognize the ship but according to the databse that's the USS voyager NCC74656." replied the android.

"or what's left of her" mumbled anthony.

"mister data, I'm going down there to recover the computer core... care to join me?" the young starship captain inquired.
"yes sir" was the reply he got before both headed over to the cargo bay, inside were a couple of smaller ships, a federation shuttle that needed some work, and a puddle-jumper from the atlantis city/ship.

as they climbed into the small circular puddle-jumper the cargobay opened erecting an energy field around the bay entrance. that the ship could pass through but keeping the atmosphere in.  it didn't take long for the ascension to crack the computer codes on voyager enough to open it's shuttle bay allowing the small vessel to dock inside.

************* To Be Continued *************
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture) - by SpookyZalost - October 4th, 2017 at 7:36 AM