Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Project] Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture)

What's left behind

***************Anthony Scott's Log - Day 58 - 10:25:12 local time - Ascension - SGU - Sol system *******************

so bit of an odd thing happened on my way out of the sol system, I started picking up a faint radiation signature out past the Kuiper Belt about a one hundred and ten Au from earth so I went to check it out hoping that it was what I hope it is, now here I am cloaked and about a dozen Kilometers from voyager one, the distance putting me around 2011 to 2013 or so in universe, provided nothing else helped the "little" probe along. it's weird really, I've seen it in images and even seen a replica in the Smithsonian back home in my universe but seeing it out here like this is something else, the odds of stumbling across it are, if you will forgive the pun, Astronomical! still the question remains what should I do with it, should I leave it be, should I fix it up, or should I take it and deal with the consequences later, tough decisions, let's just hope I don't piss off the wrong people by temporally making nasa panic.

************** Anthony Scott's Log - Day 65 - 22:35:15 local time - Ascension - SGU - Sol system *******************

it's been a week since I stumbled across the voyager one spacecraft while trying to make my way far from the star gate humans homeworld and honestly it was a touch decision to make but I decided it was best to let it continue on with it's mission. however I also decided that I wouldn't let it go without making a few tweaks and upgrades which it sorely needs. so bringing up schematics I snagged off the internet from my short time in orbit of SGU earth I began going over the different systems and finding where I could make some changes and tweaks to keep this abandoned child of man going another century or two until someone else comes along.

for starters I've decided to overhaul the power system with something a bit better than an RTG, the trick being keeping the voltage low enough to avoid frying the fragile but sturdy systems that have held up for nearly forty years. after that it's a bit of a software patch, some repairs/restoration on the motors and gears and finally I'm going to leave a relay dish here to help enhance the signal going back to earth. nothing too fancy compared to what I have at my disposal but I don't want to ruin what is arguably one of the most important artifacts of mankind, in ANY universe. here's hoping I don't end up with a BC304 breathing down my kneck when I bring this sucker into my cargo bay and nasa loses their signal right at the edge of the solar system.

************* Anthony Scott's Log - Day 70 - 19:15:00 local time - Ascension - SGU - Sol system ********************

well that was fun, there's a huge coverup going on back on earth and I may or may not have fed false readings before the probe "Vanished" for a few days indicating a large object emitting unknown radiation swallowing the probe whole, the best part was when they decided to risk everything and turn on the camera only to find the stars vanishing as something huge and black seemed to fill up the image and then static, no signal. teach them to detain me for something that wasn't my fault. From what I gathered having listened into the internet back on earth there's a conspiracy theory that aliens ate the voyager space probe, however mostly nobody believes that with nasa indicating they were having technical issues.

As of 10:22 hours this morning I completed my repairs and power supply replacement and set her back on her original course having instructed the spacecraft to send all info back to the relay I placed nearby and send a message back home to make it look like it was a prank setup by the original programmers of the voyager space probe. I'm sure nasa is scratching their heads right now because when it finally came back online it sent a transmission with one simple phrase "goodbye, and thanks for all the fish." after that I decided to get a move on and opened a local jump to a system I remember from the series as having a battle take place, maybe I can scavenge some gear and do a bit of trading before seeing what lies in the next universe.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture) - by SpookyZalost - September 19th, 2017 at 2:39 AM