Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Composite switch for video infeed on dash panel in car

ok so minor update, I'm currently waiting on a bid to go through on an ebay posting but provided I get it...
[Image: s-l500.jpg]

this is an after market radio shack cassette player, from back when my uncle used to work there, according to them this was their top of the line and looking it up confirms that, it originally sold for $99.95 and it was an under dash unit.

the one in this ad actually comes with a speaker selector switch for connecting two separate units to car speakers.

I'll probably do a video on how to install it provided I get it but that cassette functionality is likely coming soon, mostly because I've now learned that I can get switches instead of having to make one... they're normally used for RV's!  Big Grin

now here's the weird part, my car has front and rear left/right speakers, so as far as I can tell except for some stuff from the 80's and early 90's... these switches simply do not exist.

another casualty of multi function stereo units for cars I suppose?

so this is a lucky find and gives me some hope for doing other setups later... even if it involves separate switches for front and rear speakers...
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Composite switch for video infeed on dash panel in car - by SpookyZalost - September 2nd, 2018 at 1:21 PM