Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Composite switch for video infeed on dash panel in car

ok so been working on testing out the switch for audio between cassette and radio, I picked up a 2pdt switch over at microcenter and tested it by linking two audio cables to it and toggling between two inputs to one output, so far so good but there's some minor noise I'm looking into clearing up, probably something I can rig to clear up with a simple circuit, a bit of research is in order given most of the noise is coming from tying the ground lines together and switching the Voltage lines.

Below is an example of how a basic on/on switch works, the one I'm getting for my car will be a 4PDT which means 4 lanes with 2 on states, one for each of the car's speaker channels, all toggled by 1 switch between the cassette and the car radio.

that's option 1.

[Image: 2dv1uzt.png]

the one I'm thinking of using looks like this.

[Image: 480x480-2846.Jpg]

now I could solve the grounding issue by using two switches, one for grounds one for power but if I can rig it to one that would be better I guess.

Option two is the option mentioned in the previous post whereby I convert the cassettes audio out to L+R and feed that into the radio, I still think the switch option is more elegant, albeit a bit trickier to wire up.

on the other hand if I could find an 8pdt switch that isn't $150 that'd be great too lol.

anyway that's where I'm at with this now, testing and research mostly until I can get this right.

I'm letting stuff like this serve as my inspiration here.

[Image: 4b3ec92d9d5edfdc608c214f3946e706.jpg]

have I mentioned I love the set designs in alien? Big Grin

as for my need for a cassette deck in my car... blame guardians of the galaxy, that and having grown up with tapes and having fond memories of them.

[Image: 5708.jpg]
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Composite switch for video infeed on dash panel in car - by SpookyZalost - May 14th, 2018 at 11:29 AM