Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shrapnel (an audio demo)
I actually wrote the music for this about two years back. A good buddy of mine had a long conversation with me in the car late one night, gave me some of the best advice I've ever been given. So this song has a bit of a backup story behind it. I would share more but I'll hold on the details...

I actually am gonna re-record another demo and it sounds a little better how it will be re-recorded, but this is what I got so far for the music. Words are mostly written too and I just gotta find time to finish it all.

Anyway, I figured I'd post what I have so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9zydywva5r2zb...4.mp3?dl=0
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:
Hans,

it is always a pleasure to hear your own song compositions like this...
At first i thought it was a tad too heavy for my tastes.. but it settles down a bit in the middle part of the song..
of course always appreciate your creativity and originality..
Thanks given by:
Hey that's pretty good! Not usually a sound I enjoy, but you can tell there's good music there. Nice work Hans!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah it's a little on the heavy side no doubt. Most of my demos are. Tongue

I was actually in a band that was working with a studio a little while back before we disbanded pretty quick. I'm a little disappointed by it. We'd have had some exposure but needless to say, though a label did take us on, we had a lot of work ahead of us. Our lead singer was our biggest asset and he also happened to be a little hard to work with. None of it really worked out. Sad

I still play at open mic nights here and there for some extra change and for something to do on occasion though. *sigh* one can only hope. Big Grin
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by: