Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The official MyBB Discussion Thread
Since several members here are well acquainted with the software that this forum runs on, I feel it's only fair to have an official discussion thread on the topic (if people who feel other software is superior want to create their own, feel free xD) Tongue

For those of you who have MyBB forums or who are members of forums running MyBB, the MyBB development team released 1.8.2 yesterday that fixes several vulnerabilities, including three serious vulnerabilities that can be exploited on the software's front end. Needless to say, both this forum and chatcave have been updated. Tongue According to the announcement, MyBB 1.6.15 was not affected by these vulnerabilities.

Everyone seemed surprised when an extremely low risk XSS vulnerability was fixed in phpBB 3.1, and it seems MyBB 1.8 has had quite a few security issues so far going back from its beta days. Hopefully there won't be too many more vulnerabilities that will need to be patched. 
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:
http://blog.mybb.com/2014/11/15/github-a...mpromised/

This is starting to get ridiculous. Luckily, the last time I accessed the admin CP was yesterday morning, and I can confirm we weren't attacked. This isn't even the first time this has happened for MyBB though.

I hope that they can improve the security of their software soon. I can't really see MS running on anything else at the moment. Tongue
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The SMFnew "downtime" discussion thread Darth-Apple 142 121,200 May 29th, 2018 at 1:42 AM
Last Post: Guardian
  The general webhost discussion thread Darth-Apple 14 14,502 September 6th, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Last Post: Hoolio