Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8)

After over five years, I am finally updating this. I have had an influx of requests for this for a very long time. Dismissable announcements, more granularity on which pages announcements are posted (on a per-announcement basis), more color classes, and a number of other things are being implemented.

A beta release is going to be coming in the next couple of weeks on github, and a final release will be coming in 2-3 months. I have not announced this on the MyBB community forums yet. I'm looking for ideas on what people would want to see in it before I finish the beta and release it!

What I want to hear from the community is on ideas on how to make this plugin better. Your feedback is very important to me, as it allows me to get things working well before I post it at MyBB and throw it to the wolves. In particular,

- What variables would be useful to have in announcements? Currently, only {$username} is supported.
- What would be a good use of announcements on Makestation? What features would be useful that have not been implemented?
- How should "random mode" be used? To my understanding, this is a rarely used feature. I would like to find ways to make it more useful, e.g. by making it easier for admins to put "random announcements selectors" on different sections of the page.
- What new features would be helpful for administrators in this plugin? What does the current BAM version lack respective to other ways of handling announcements on forums and communities?

If anyone has any suggestions on how this plugin could be made better, please send them my way. I'm wrapping up the initial code changes and have everything mostly working! Testing, debugging, and some fine tuning will be happening over the next few weeks, and I will be pushing an official beta to be announced over at MyBB very shortly.

(And please, by all means, don't hesitate! I'd rather get ideas here before I get feedback at MyBB. People there tend to be very critical of plugin developers, so it's always a little nerve-wracking once things get moving in the public eye of things. Tongue)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8) - by Guest - February 7th, 2015 at 8:20 PM
RE: [MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8) - by Darth-Apple - February 8th, 2020 at 7:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why or by which plugin Mybb hacked? tc4me 8 3,946 February 19th, 2021 at 5:08 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  [MyBB Plugin] Average Profile Ratings Darth-Apple 8 5,491 October 22nd, 2020 at 6:41 AM
  Simple Reputation Bars [MyBB Plugin] Darth-Apple 7 4,420 October 22nd, 2020 at 4:25 AM
  MyBB Post Activity Plugin Guardian 8 5,710 May 3rd, 2020 at 7:36 PM