Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Amount of Spam on This Site
NOTE: Sorry if this is the wrong board for this type of thread Smile I didn't know where it should go.

So I've noticed that there's been quite a bit of spam lately. Is there any way that we can prevent these spammers from creating threads and spamming up the forums?
Thanks given by:
I already have hidden captcha fields and security questions. For the most part, I've just been banning them and removing their posts as I see it. I usually log into the forums at least 2-3 times daily and pretty much read everything, so I'm usually not too terribly slow for the cleanup. To some degree, the problem is hard to prevent completely. I have no respect for any webmaster who would turn to spam to promote their websites, however. There are far more ethical ways...

I plan on fully deleting all spammer accounts and changing up the security questions soon.
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear this Smile I was just getting a feeling that the site would soon be overrun.
Thanks given by:
Believe me, it's happened before. It seems like the spambots eventually learn how to get in and run the place down. All I usually need to do to fix the issue is tweak some of the security questions and what not, solves the problem every time.
Thanks given by:
Alright Smile well I hope the problems gets solved!
Thanks given by:
We got a new spam post this morning from a bot who couldn't even spell "colored" right. That's pretty bad. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Hehe Smile well generally speaking, spammers probably aren't that intelligent.
Thanks given by: