Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Project] The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets)

I really enjoyed writing this bit, but forewarning, there's some cursing in there.

Quote:It didn’t surprise Nuru that he’d gotten pulled over. It wasn’t like he was speeding, but there was definitely something to worry about with his driving- the mysterious mask he always wore, which had managed to catch the wrong police officer’s attention. Stopped at the side of a long road, trees and grasses of various kinds scattered on either side, Nuru stepped out awkwardly from his vehicle. Digging in his suit pants, he pulled out a business card. “I work with the police from time to time at the 14th district.”

“Ah, you’re the Madman of Main Street.” The officer said.

Nuru shrugged the words away, but felt his lips tug downward from behind the thick plastic on his face. “As it reads, I’m Nuru Caldwel. My sister and I run a supernatural investigative office that occasionally works with the police on peculiar incidents. I’m actually en route to the family of a deceased victim right now. They’re second daughter is in danger as we speak.”

“Listen, I don’t care who buys your mumbo jumbo about hexes and all that.”

“It’s not hexes, but close enough.”

“That’s not the point! I don’t care where the f*** you were going, you’re coming to the station with me now.”

“On what charges?” Inside his mask, he was smirking. The man hadn’t told him why he’d pulled him over in the first place, and now was being verbally violent? “I assume you have more to charge me for than doing work you don’t believe in.”

The officer’s face turned a deep shade of red, and smoke was practically whistling it’s way out of his ears like a tea kettle. Nuru bowed in a flamboyant manner before taking out his phone and dialing up a number no one, not even his sister, knew he had. It was the 14th sector’s chief in command. “Hey there Don, it’s Nuru. I’m having an issue with another sector. Do you think you could talk him down for me?”

Nuru held the phone out to the officer, lifting up his mask just enough to show off his coy smile. The man hesitated before accepting the phone, which lead to yelling even Nuru could hear without the speaker on. He begrudgingly held the phone back to Nuru, who quickly thanked the chief and put the phone away.

“I don’t know how you copped your way out of fraud, but I’ve got my eye on you ‘Caldwel’.” He seemed to emphasize Nuru’s surname, as if he had a grudge with all that bore it. “Get your a** out of here before I change my mind.”

Cautiously, Nuru got into his car, which the officer soon slammed the door of shut, nearly pinning his ankle between the car and the door itself. Nuru wanted to fight back, but decided he was certain to lose to the musculature he had briefly scanned of the opposing officer. He instead turned on the ignition and sped his way down the road until it met its end.

Messages In This Thread
The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets) - by Juneberry - February 11th, 2020 at 7:22 PM
RE: The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets) - by Juneberry - February 11th, 2020 at 7:23 PM
RE: The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets) - by Darth-Apple - February 12th, 2020 at 1:52 AM
RE: The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets) - by Juneberry - February 12th, 2020 at 2:24 AM
RE: The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets) - by Darth-Apple - February 12th, 2020 at 2:31 AM
RE: The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets) - by Juneberry - February 12th, 2020 at 2:57 PM
RE: The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets) - by Juneberry - February 15th, 2020 at 3:16 AM
RE: The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets) - by Lain - February 15th, 2020 at 3:32 PM
RE: The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets) - by Juneberry - February 28th, 2020 at 11:34 AM
RE: The Curse of Being Nuru Caldwel (snippets) - by Juneberry - February 29th, 2020 at 1:47 PM