Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ultimate Joystick Interface

Quote:just wish it had more inputs

Dude it has EIGHT ANALOG lmao. A single joystick should be able to work with just four AFAIK, maybe even two (one for each axis) if you play with resistances enough (ie. negative X if voltage is below a certain point, positive X if voltage is above a certain point, same for Y), and maybe use one of the digital inputs as R3/L3 (like a console controller.)

I wish there were decent widely-used alternatives to serial though. After all the problems I had with my arduino hash cracking thing, I'd love to just forget about it and never hear the word again, not to mention that the only way to make it fast is by increasing baud rate which also increased its power consumption and increased the likelihood to drop a few bytes here and there.

#BringPSslash2Back
#BringRS232Back
#MakeUARTPortsStandardForTheFirstTime

Might be a cool little board but I mean even Arduino Nano has 8 analog pins and 22 digital pins while still (sort of) safely operating at a baudrate of 2 million, or 2mbps, and given they both use serial, I can't see the reasoning behind buying one of these over the nano, except for maybe the better form factor for someone building a physical controller.

Messages In This Thread
Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 1st, 2020 at 6:25 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 12th, 2020 at 4:28 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 12th, 2020 at 4:33 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 12th, 2020 at 6:04 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 12th, 2020 at 2:57 PM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 12th, 2020 at 6:48 PM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 13th, 2020 at 2:28 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 13th, 2020 at 3:11 AM