Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

(Skylines) What is the secret to building good subway lines?

(June 30th, 2019 at 8:22 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: The hardest part is when you need to add a new neighborhood or district that's just outside of where you've already built. You now have to add new stations that are outside of your loop, which means adjusting the routes.

Another painful aspect of the game is highways. I love the freedom to make your own interchanges, but drawing them individually, ramp by ramp, can be a bit of a pain. I've got a 5 level interchange in one of my cities that is over 20 ramps in total, and designing it was a challenge to say the least. SC4 did them automatically, which was a time saver.

That's why I wait until later, and usually once they're outside of my loops I consider that the suburbs and just set up bus lines. That is one major pain with the subways.

Yeah... the highways are also a pain, and building them yourself can make them clunky or ugly. The premade ones are way too large, so I always make them myself. Correcting them multiple times to get a decent looking realistic interchange or ramp system is always a challenge. I wish the ramps and one-ways were more configurable as well. As in: there's a ramp that drops off the northbound road, but it creates an intersection for all when I just want it to be a one-way ramp. Drives me crazy. Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Skylines) What is the secret to building good subway lines? - by Guardian - July 4th, 2019 at 12:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brooklyn Building Style Darth-Apple 6 4,179 April 30th, 2020 at 4:24 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Building on a single tile... Darth-Apple 9 7,189 July 14th, 2019 at 8:24 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost