Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deepin Linux

For me, I don’t have an issue with it being chinese. I’ve been told by a few people I should worry about privacy or security. Not a single person has been able to offer any definitive evidence that they are doing anything of the sort. On Reddit, it’s nothing but an echo chamber of people who are finding a reason to dislike that it’s chinese. It actually seems like it’s clean.

Personally, the desktop environment is the aspect of it that drew me in. You can’t find Deepin’s desktop environment on most other distributions, and if you can, it has stability issues as opposed to using the vanilla distro.

Ubuntu’s twist of Gnome is nice, and offers a lot of the same UI components, but it’s significantly less polished. Every install of Ubuntu I’ve had in the past few years has had bugs, rough edges, software crashes, and frequent stability issues. So far, Deepin just works. In terms of my actual experience with it, I haven’t had any complaints.

Messages In This Thread
Deepin Linux - by Darth-Apple - April 8th, 2019 at 12:05 AM
RE: Deepin Linux - by Thomas - April 8th, 2019 at 3:09 AM
RE: Deepin Linux - by Darth-Apple - April 8th, 2019 at 12:19 PM
RE: Deepin Linux - by SpookyZalost - April 16th, 2019 at 1:19 AM
RE: Deepin Linux - by bestforums - April 19th, 2019 at 3:56 PM