Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any server people here?

Hey guys! 

Was wondering among us if anyone here was good at server management and hosting-related issues. As some of you know, we self-host on a VPS (with a whopping 2TB of bandwidth!) which allows us a lot more flexibility in what we want to do and keeps the website fast. For the most part it works great. We haven't had too many issues. (Don't forget we have Image Hosting as well. We have plenty of bandwidth to support it. Tongue)

However, I've had trouble with one thing since the very beginning of our existence. For some reason, emails always end up in the spam folder when they come from our server (for all users that have reported the issue). I have spent many hours trying to figure this issue out, and cannot, for the life of me, seem to find the culprit. It's apparently a pretty widespread issue and it has to do with a misconfiguration of some sort, either with the domain or with the server. 

Anyone good with setting up email on servers or setting up domain names? I think this one might be beyond my expertise just a tad. Finna Tongue 

Thank you, 
-Darth

Messages In This Thread
Any server people here? - by Darth-Apple - October 25th, 2018 at 1:54 PM
RE: Any server people here? - by Guardian - October 26th, 2018 at 8:58 PM
RE: Any server people here? - by brian51 - October 27th, 2018 at 9:16 AM
RE: Any server people here? - by SpookyZalost - October 28th, 2018 at 3:47 PM
RE: Any server people here? - by Darth-Apple - October 29th, 2018 at 5:36 AM
RE: Any server people here? - by zoldos - February 25th, 2019 at 8:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server software was updated. Please report bugs Darth-Apple 8 8,947 August 6th, 2018 at 10:28 AM
Last Post: Harry K.