Poll: Do you prefer warm or cold weather?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Warm
66.67%
10 66.67%
Cold
33.33%
5 33.33%
Indifferent
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hot vs. Cold Weather

I've always loved warmer weather, especially desert climates. As I get older though, I realize I don't mind the cold as much.
heh, thanks for your post Guardian !

Yes, i am not sure how old you are but I am 55 now.. But as time has gone on, of late.. I have actually started wanting it warmer now,,But i do work outside , so maybe thats why ?
(May 8th, 2017 at 9:54 AM)brian51 Wrote: heh, thanks for your post Guardian !

Yes, i am not sure how old you are but I am 55 now.. But as time has gone on, of late.. I have actually started wanting it warmer now,,But i do work outside , so maybe thats why ?

Only 29. Maybe... I used to work outside and liked it warm. Now I work inside and like it colder. I see...
yes it does seem to have a lot to do with whether you work inside or out, as you noted
I personally prefer colder weather, with the excess power from solar I have I put some of it maintaining a comfortable 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit in my home for that reason, it also helps when you run lots of machines and server hardware in your living space like I do. Cool
yes, i can see why for sure you would want to keep things at cooler temperature in there as you describe..
You have solar panels on your house? Neat!

I want solar on my house, just so many trees. Not sure if it would be worth the cost. My electric bills are really low.

Super hot today. Did not like it at all.
high in tampa = 98

All time record = 99

incredible stuff here Guardian !
Yeah, I think it hit 95 here today. A bit higher than the norm. Just hope it's not a sneak peak into a hot summer.
Ya it supposed to gradually cool off some is what there saying.. to the point of highs in the upper 80's
but we also have some rain chances coming up this weekend to about 50 %
(May 17th, 2017 at 11:52 PM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: You have solar panels on your house? Neat!

(May 17th, 2017 at 11:59 PM)Guardian Wrote: I want solar on my house, just so many trees. Not sure if it would be worth the cost. My electric bills are really low.

Super hot today. Did not like it at all.

Believe it or not the solar was free, I'm basically paying it off by selling the extra power to the company that installed them.

in exchange I had to help install them, which as you can imagine for me was a great learning experience about installation and setup as well as the workings of solar energy.

also made me wonder about building DIY turbines and such... sadly my property is rather small so this is not practical.
(May 19th, 2017 at 8:39 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Believe it or not the solar was free, I'm basically paying it off by selling the extra power to the company that installed them.

in exchange I had to help install them, which as you can imagine for me was a great learning experience about installation and setup as well as the workings of solar energy.

also made me wonder about building DIY turbines and such... sadly my property is rather small so this is not practical.

Sounds like another business opportunity! Tongue

That's pretty cool though. That upfront cost is what has always caused me to be hesitant about it. That, and not knowing the saving/payments from it would pay for the panels and maintenance.

Turbines would be cool. I've thought that with solar, and maybe 2-3 turbines on the top of my house, would be plenty enough to power me and my neighbors.
Our electricity bill is too cheap here to even really justify it. We have three in our house right now and we only pay about 80/month.

That said, none of us are hardly ever home either. One of my roomates uses computers quite a bit and I'm pretty sure about half of that bill is from him. Besides that, we don't use too much electricity.

I was always fascinated by green power growing up. I'm going back to school shortly to study environmental science, so chances are I'll be messing around with it at some point or another.

You should start a thread for it. I'd be interested in following it! It's neat stuff.

Used to hate hot weather as it always gave me headaches, but I now crave for it. Most of my motivation to get out and do things comes from sunny, warm weather.
[Image: sig1.png]
heh, I still prefer cold weather... but I wouldn't mind a nice 65 degree day now and again, especially as of late...
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Hot. Cold is worse in my opinion.
so we're getting weather with temps in the 70's now, just a couple weeks ago it was snowing... I give up, clearly weather here is controlled by some eldritch abomination lol.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cold shower or hot shower? wasi90lk 11 13,850 June 21st, 2018 at 12:16 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost