Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[community competition] Sky Piracy, Capturing a spy balloon.

So with the news of the Chinese spy balloon being shot down an idea occurred to me. 
The tech bay was about the size of a 747... why didn't we just grab it?

So given this is Makestation, a place for new ideas, making things, and being creative I'm going to propose a competition for a hypothetical scenario.

You have 1 mission, intercept and capture the payload or entirety of a balloon based aircraft with the following dimensions without damaging or destroying it.

Balloon, 200 feet long, made of a Kevlar weave and filled with hydrogen, resembles a zeppelin.

payload is a box 150x30x30 feet. LxWxH

Velocity 75mph.

has four control propellers roughly 11feet in diameter off to the sides on arms adding an additional 15 feet on the sides to watch out for.

Rules:

You cannot blow it up.
You cannot simply deflate it and bring it to the ground, it must be captured in the air for complete recovery.
You can work by yourself or in a group.
You can jam the signals coming from it.
It will attempt to evade capture but does not have any active defenses.

you have until march 1st when the ideas will be put to a vote.
Winner gets a custom banner made by yours truly as well as a custom title on the site.

Best proposal wins, if you're in a group please state who's in the group with you.

Remember, submit your proposal by 03/01/2023 by posting it here and I will link to it on this post for easy viewing.

Good luck!
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpookyZalost's post:
  • Guardian

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have a competition or contest suggestion? Darth-Apple 9 14,459 June 2nd, 2017 at 5:55 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple