Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Have you ever modded a game?

I made a couple of useless mods for Simcity 4 a while back, which were thankfully never released. Now that I've purchased Cities XL, I'm now looking into seeing how to mod it.

Anyway, has anyone ever had any experience modding games before? Is modding something you enjoy, or do you prefer to leave games in their "vanilla" state?

Yes I modded the heck out of GTA San Andreas! Loved it! Smile
Well seeing from posts from the pre MyBB days that have been archived, that's a clear yes. Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but yes Big Grin I've made tons of mods for SC2013.
Haha this is a small community, ain't no rules about bumping. Tongue

What do you use for SC2013 modding?

Only tool available Smile SimCityPak. Although compared to some other people that produce SC2013 mods, I know absolutely nothing.
Well, I did recolours for The Sims 2 back in the day. But never made 3D models for furniture and such.
And I haven't even come close in SC4. Tongue
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
Yes, COD4 and WAW mostly. Way back before the JTAG. I didn't have enough money to afford a JTAG Xbox 360 when it was the hype around town. What I used was a transfer cable, which was rendered useless with the ability to use an USB flash drive on your Xbox 360.
[Image: favicon.ico]CoD Glitches - Call of Duty Glitching Community
[Image: favicon.ico]CoD4 Zone - Call of Duty 4 Fan Discussion Forum
I've made some minor personal mods for Europa Universalis III and IV, Crusader Kings II, and some other even smaller changes to a few other games. I also used to make maps for Total Annihilation. That's about it.
^Same here with EU4 and EU3. Most of my playtime involves tinkering with EU4 and also making ideas I've had for mods a reality Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(April 17th, 2015 at 7:18 PM)Acko Wrote: ^Same here with EU4 and EU3. Most of my playtime involves tinkering with EU4 and also making ideas I've had for mods a reality Tongue

Aco! Welcome back @inactive co-admin! Tongue

(April 17th, 2015 at 7:18 PM)Acko Wrote: ^Same here with EU4 and EU3. Most of my playtime involves tinkering with EU4 and also making ideas I've had for mods a reality Tongue

Yeah, I also tend to mod mods that I enjoy. Sometimes they need some minor adjusting. Tongue
I made a lot of custom buildings for SC2K using the SCURK back in the day...

I also did a few item retextures in the original sims, but mostly I modded/hacked console games on emulators using sprite replacement and such... kinda neat once I got my everdrive to try them on actual hardware though.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you own any handheld game consoles robertson123 2 31,747 September 2nd, 2019 at 3:30 PM
Last Post: Thomas