Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Short posts

How do you feel about very short posts? Members replying with just one-word answers?

Do you encourage your users to use complete sentences and make longer posts? Maybe you don't care either way?

How do you feel about forums that have character limits in place? (for example your post must be over 150 characters or the software wont allow you to submit your post)
Depends. If things have been quiet, they're great, letting everyone know people are still around.

The count thread alone has kept Makestation alive by letting people know its always being checked on.
is really just a means to an end

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
I don’t really mind how long or short peoples posts are. Long as it adds something to a topic I guess.
Dook, dook, dook!

[Image: Caludin.gif]
Yeah pretty much that. I don't mind short posts as long as they have some relevant content.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I think it depends on the niche of the forum, and the scenario.

If someone is just spamming threads with simple 1-3 word replies, then there is an issue imo. Some of my forums actually have a word minimum (I think 10) in most categories.
Genau so würde ich es auch einstellen

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Doesn't bother me. Not every response to every thread needs a paragraph. It depends on the thread / case-by-case basis. Of course there are some threads where a longer post would be appreciated.

Never been a fan of character limits. Been on a few forums that have them and its very off putting to rephrase my answer several times to meet their dumb quota. I usually wont stay active on a forum with a character limit.