Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What are your thoughts on AI Art

AI Art has grown massively in the past few years. It went from being relatively on the fringe to now being almost mainstream, and even social media filters are taking advantage of it. 

Some artists are in support of it because it's seen as the future (or something that can at least augment the technology that we use for artistic design). Others are very afraid it will replace human artists, and are also afraid of AI's ability to be trained on vast datasets without any accreditation to the artists who created the work that it was trained on. 

What are your thoughts on AI Art? Do you see it growing larger in the future than it is today?

I don't actually have an opinion on it... idk it feels like it's missing something.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpookyZalost's post:
  • Darth-Apple
(December 23rd, 2022 at 5:37 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I don't actually have an opinion on it... idk it feels like it's missing something.

A lot of it is very interesting, but very trippy. Looks like something someone would have come up with on... substances. 

It doesn't really have the same meaning behind it that human art has, but some of it looks pretty neat.

I mean... I'm a fan of mondrain, and I like glitch art... but AI art feels off some how... I don't know how to describe it. it's sorta cyberdelic but not quite.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
It's interesting (and impressive to see what the techonology can do) - but I'm not sure if I could truly count it as 'art', because the AI isn't intending to communicate any meaning or message.

(Then again, the person who programmed the AI might be!)
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • SpookyZalost
(December 23rd, 2022 at 6:04 PM)Kyng Wrote: It's interesting (and impressive to see what the techonology can do) - but I'm not sure if I could truly count it as 'art', because the AI isn't intending to communicate any meaning or message.

(Then again, the person who programmed the AI might be!)

The problem is that the folks who programmed them don't necessarily fully understand how they work. AI is sort of a black box, it comes up with results but it's very unclear how. 

You're definitely right that I don't think it's able to really convey the same subtleties of meaning in the way that a human artist can.