Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Coffee House

[Image: WkTBMRX.png]
(Board URL: https://tch-forum.com/ )

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We host discussions on a broad range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!). Also popular are the community-centred forums, where people can write about their personal lives, get to know each other better, and show off things they've created. Or, for the more fun-oriented people, we have regularly-scheduled contests (in which members can compete for forum awards), and a small (but growing) role-play section.

Our current board started up in June 2018; however, the community itself has been going since December 2009, so we're closing in on a decade's worth of history now.. If you'd like to become a part of that history, then now's the time to join Smile !
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
The choice of soothing pastel colors and the immortal Trebuchet font is always going to delight me, personally, although I also would prefer smaller fonts. Nice forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cuchillo_baishan's post:
  • Kyng
(February 26th, 2023 at 3:30 PM)cuchillo_baishan Wrote: The choice of soothing pastel colors and the immortal Trebuchet font is always going to delight me, personally, although I also would prefer smaller fonts. Nice forum.

Thanks Big Grin !

About the font size: it's for the benefit of older members who find it hard to read smaller fonts, but thanks for the feedback Smile .

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(March 2nd, 2023 at 11:48 AM)Kyng Wrote:
(February 26th, 2023 at 3:30 PM)cuchillo_baishan Wrote: The choice of soothing pastel colors and the immortal Trebuchet font is always going to delight me, personally, although I also would prefer smaller fonts. Nice forum.

Thanks Big Grin !

About the font size: it's for the benefit of older members who find it hard to read smaller fonts, but thanks for the feedback Smile .

You're welcome, it's quite reasonable, you have to take care of your public. And I wasn't being ironic at all, see this is how our place looks like!  Wink

[Image: forum.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cuchillo_baishan's post:
  • Kyng
Attention warning: Check the integration of Google Fonts now
https://www.cookiebox.pro/en/google-fonts-warning/

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
(March 9th, 2023 at 11:57 AM)tc4me Wrote: Attention warning: Check the integration of Google Fonts now
https://www.cookiebox.pro/en/google-fonts-warning/

But even if that ruling extends beyond Bavaria (regional jurisdiction I guess), Kyng and me both use "web safe fonts", Trebuchet MS as the basic for body texts, and it usually defaults to Arial on mobile browsers.

CSS Web Safe Fonts

I find the Munich court ruling about the online integration and linking of Google fonts very reasonable, by the way.
Indeed, I use Trebuchet MS on the default theme - although, certain other themes do use Google fonts.

Thanks for letting me know about this, though Smile ! I highly doubt any of us will ever be reported for GDPR violations due to Google fonts, but it's good to be aware of these things (and I'll see if I can fix it at a convenient time).

#ForzaJules 1989-2015