Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How do you typically store your tools?

There's tons of ways to store tools depending on the equipment!
for me I've recently been making tool rolls because they're better for organizing than toolboxes, a bit easier to carry, and make a nice tradeoff of slightly more space in exchange.
For example here's the first one I got for organizing my wrenches.  I bought that one but learned I overpaid for something that's made quite easily with a sewing machine.

[Image: N8e2LzP.png]

It's nice because it's made of waxed canvas which is fairly durable and has tie straps I can use to secure it closed plus it fits a decent sized set of metric and imperial wrenches which I keep under the back seat of the jeep.
since then I've learned how to make my own which as it turns out is both affordable and handy.
for smaller stuff I use pouches like for my lockpicks or smaller individual tools which I keep on my bandolier.

[Image: B7xRnxrl.jpg]

there are cases where larger containers make sense like at a workbench but I like tool rolls personally.

so how do you guys store your tools and gear?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Hahaha, so if I set every tool here by picture that I absolutely had to have, it blows the forum :-)

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
(December 31st, 2022 at 12:29 PM)tc4me Wrote: Hahaha, so if I set every tool here by picture that I absolutely had to have, it blows the forum :-)

Haha you're a mechanic, you probably have better tools than all of the rest of us combined! Big Grin

[-] The following 1 user Likes Darth-Apple's post:
  • tc4me
I don't know better, mainly proxxon brand, but I have a lot of special tools that I often need, including the entire diagnostic tools VDCS, VCP, and one of my favorite diagnostic machines Launch, a must have for every hobby mechanic :-)

[-] The following 1 user Likes tc4me's post:
  • Darth-Apple
(December 31st, 2022 at 1:39 PM)tc4me Wrote: I don't know better, mainly proxxon brand, but I have a lot of special tools that I often need, including the entire diagnostic tools VDCS, VCP, and one of my favorite diagnostic machines Launch, a must have for every hobby mechanic :-)

I wouldn't mind getting a VDCS at some point for my Jetta. I do all of my own car maintenance and it would be nice to have some of the tools that are required for proper diagnostics and so forth.

There are also good not originals I say VCDS dongle with beta vcds software

Vehicle code diagnostic? I have one that lets me use my phone to talk to the ecu and gets those. Nothing too fancy but it works.
Yes there is enough on the market , Torque is one ... I use VCP and VCDs with ECU Flasher (via OBD2 interface) Autoscan
Reading and deleting errors of all control units (also extended errors)
Record measured values, log and output
See data live
Coding I and II, as well as long coding
Make adjustments and basic settings
Actuator diagnosis
Login including login finder
One click functions (OCF)
Flashes from ECU over the OBD2 interface
Read and write Eprom
Parameterization

(December 31st, 2022 at 8:54 PM)tc4me Wrote: Yes there is enough on the market , Torque is one ... I use VCP and VCDs with ECU Flasher (via OBD2 interface) Autoscan
Reading and deleting errors of all control units (also extended errors)
Record measured values, log and output
See data live
Coding I and II, as well as long coding
Make adjustments and basic settings
Actuator diagnosis
Login including login finder
One click functions (OCF)
Flashes from ECU over the OBD2 interface
Read and write Eprom
Parameterization

That's a lot more than my basic bluetooth phone OBDII one does.

mine just gives me error codes and helps me figure out what's wrong.  I don't do any tuning or anything like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpookyZalost's post:
  • tc4me