Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Steam city builder sale

Over the past week, Steam has been holding a sale on city-builder titles, with major discounts across the board:

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/citybuildersale

I took the opportunity to buy SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition, since that costs only £3.59. I'm not sure when I'll play it, but I expect I will sooner or later Tongue . 

If anybody else is interested in anything, there are still two days left of the sale - so, make sure you check before it's too late!
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
Awesome! I just grabbed Transport Fever 2... like a big railroad sandbox game.

Thanks for the heads-up Kyng!
(November 9th, 2020 at 12:45 PM)Guardian Wrote: Awesome! I just grabbed Transport Fever 2... like a big railroad sandbox game.

Thanks for the heads-up Kyng!

Sounds great Big Grin . I don't have that yet, but I do have the original, and it is indeed a great transport sandbox game. (The railways and road vehicles are very useful, and the ships have some niche uses, but unfortunately, I've found the planes to be pretty much useless Sad )

Enjoy!

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(November 14th, 2020 at 10:04 PM)Kyng Wrote:  I don't have that yet, but I do have the original, and it is indeed a great transport sandbox game. (The railways and road vehicles are very useful, and the ships have some niche uses, but unfortunately, I've found the planes to be pretty much useless Sad )

Things are roughly the same, but the maps now just seem so much more beautiful than before. A little easier to manage lines with multiple vehicles, etc. Seems harder than before (though I've been trying on hard-mode).
(November 14th, 2020 at 11:02 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(November 14th, 2020 at 10:04 PM)Kyng Wrote:  I don't have that yet, but I do have the original, and it is indeed a great transport sandbox game. (The railways and road vehicles are very useful, and the ships have some niche uses, but unfortunately, I've found the planes to be pretty much useless Sad )

Things are roughly the same, but the maps now just seem so much more beautiful than before. A little easier to manage lines with multiple vehicles, etc. Seems harder than before (though I've been trying on hard-mode).

Sounds good to me Smile . 

What are your thoughts on the cargo system, then (where each city has two preferred cargo types)? I know a lot of fans of the games didn't like that.

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(November 14th, 2020 at 11:56 PM)Kyng Wrote: What are your thoughts on the cargo system, then (where each city has two preferred cargo types)? I know a lot of fans of the games didn't like that.

It's not the best. I wish it were dynamic. A city's industry should grow based on the industry local to it.

In real life, Birmingham, AL grew into a steel town because coal and ore were plentiful in the area. You're not shipping it to Miami 'just because' then shipping seafood up to Birmingham for packing. That part makes NO sense whatsoever.