Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trump threatens social networks with closure

Trump threatens social networks with closure A few hours later, Trump threatened Twitter & Co. with the closure. Republican politicians feel that "social media platforms completely silence conservative voices," the president tweeted. "We will strictly regulate or close them before we will ever allow that," Trump warned.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Sadly, people no longer really trust what he says here in America. He still has a lot of people who support him (myself included to some extent), but he runs his mouth, and when he does, there’s no telling. It could be anything. Finna

People are pretty used to it at this point. The media absolutely hates him, most of Congress absolutely hates him, but neither can really do much about it. Most of us just quietly turn off the news and get our information from other sources.

Yeah... I don't even pay attention to anything he or the media say anymore...
And, if he goes ahead with this... then, what recourse is he going to have when a future Democratic administration uses those exact same powers to censor and shut down conservative-leaning sites?

Sure, media bias is a legitimate issue; however, whatever you do to solve it, you need to imagine what it'll be like when the shoe is on the other foot (because, believe me: it will be a question of 'when', not 'if')
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(May 30th, 2020 at 12:59 PM)Kyng Wrote: Sure, media bias is a legitimate issue; however, whatever you do to solve it, you need to imagine what it'll be like when the shoe is on the other foot (because, believe me: it will be a question of 'when', not 'if')
AFAIK most widely-read Canadian media leans to the right, unlike the USA, for example.
Whether he is right or wrong, no idea, he is right that the media or reporter journalists write their opinions and influence people, is that what free journalism is when I write my personal opinion? I disagree, facts and facts count and NOT the opinion or political direction of the journalist

(May 30th, 2020 at 1:29 PM)Darvince Wrote:
(May 30th, 2020 at 12:59 PM)Kyng Wrote: Sure, media bias is a legitimate issue; however, whatever you do to solve it, you need to imagine what it'll be like when the shoe is on the other foot (because, believe me: it will be a question of 'when', not 'if')
AFAIK most widely-read Canadian media leans to the right, unlike the USA, for example.

Here in the UK, it's not consistent; however, we have quite a wide range of biases; for example: 

• The Mirror (low-quality, left-leaning);
  • The Independent (higher-quality, left-leaning);
  • The Sun (low-quality, right-leaning); 
  • The Telegraph (high-quality, right-leaning);
  • BBC News (their bias is really "pro-establishment", rather than consistently pro-left or pro-right)

I tend to read BBC News and The Independent more (but I'd read The Telegraph more often if it weren't for the fact that most of their articles are stuck behind paywalls!)
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
It is frightening like the media try to influence us, the weak, unstable, unstable idiots run after the crowd without thinking for a second

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump posts video from his motorcade while en route to New York for his arraignment tc4me 8 2,726 May 20th, 2023 at 6:32 PM
Last Post: tc4me
  Joke : George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump have died and stand before God. tc4me 5 3,429 July 23rd, 2020 at 6:12 PM
Last Post: Kim Winchester