Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Zalost's Minecraft Player Journal

Yea it looks like a beacon in the sky but it's a house. You'll never lose it. Finna

Do you ever build into or near mountains?

(April 10th, 2020 at 4:29 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Yea it looks like a beacon in the sky but it's a house. You'll never lose it. Finna

Do you ever build into or near mountains?
All the time, wish I had pictures of it... I once had a base inside a rather large flying island in the mountains.  I used eletra to get up to the only access point and it wasn't found for a very long time... That island was hollow by that point..
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Oh man I forgot about this.

Being that its 3 years later, I'm assuming you don't still have this one going?
I used to build houses inside the mountains, and dig down to the bedrock to get diamonds. There was one time when I built two houses and connected them by a massive underground tunnel that was at about level 9 or so. It was great because I had more coal, diamonds, and whatever else I needed than I would have ever known what to do with. If I ever ran out of anything, I'd just go through my tunnel.

That's the way to do it in my opinion, because you usually have more than one biome near you when you build in a mountain, and you're close to any resources you need. Just... torches you can never get enough of. Finna

@Darth-Apple. At that point I'd be going out of my way to get iron to convert torches into lanterns, they look really nice lol .

@Guardian.  Unfortunately no, the server was the simmania Minecraft server and that's been gone for a while.
so I finally got to sit down with my paramour and good friend to play some minecraft on my own server.

while she was hollowing out a mountain to use as a base here's what I ended up doing.

(note this is the latest version, and it's much harder than it used to be.)

[Image: 0V7OLQrl.png]

[Image: JrHttwVl.png]

[Image: RPPfCs6l.png]

[Image: GO510Yll.png]

I realize now I need water walking shoes and potions of water-breathing if I want to make a bigger one.

however I'm considering doing a space colony style one with smaller connected domes with tunnels.
That's awesome! I love it. Should look especially nice at night.
I like the connected domes idea. Do an entire underwater village! Finna

Looks good

here's the dome at night, it now has a tunnel to the surface and a tunnel coming off it towards the next dome I'm going to build.

[Image: k1sEktb.png]
Now that looks awesome. Love the size! Your own underwater temple.
make no mistake, this is early days lol.

also, went on an expedition, managed to snag a couple sponges from a treasure chest and have been using them to clear up the water, it really is much easier.
I'm impressed with how big you can make these things while staying underwater. I could never manage it.

@Darth-Apple honestly I nearly died several times to drowning, there's a reason it's near the cliff wall, I had to make a sort of diving bell to use for air while I was working, place half a dozen blocks, get air, repeat.
once I built the structure I filled it in and then dug it out.

for the tunnels I gave some sponges a try, will admit, this makes things a lot easier, then just cook the sponges after to dry them out, rinse repeat.

once you get the hang of it, it isn't too bad, just takes longer.

once my friend comes back online though another day I'm going to make obsidian from the lava waterfall I found nearby and mount an expedition to the nether to gather netherwart for farming.

with nether wart and puffer fish I can make a water breathing potion that lasts up to 3 min, this would make things a lot easier for building underwater and I wouldn't need to return to the diving bell until it runs out.

to build a dome twice that size I'd need maybe half a dozen potions though.

lotta fishing.
Frankly, I have no idea what you are doing here, I can not get on with my English Confused

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
@tc4me I'm building underwater domes instead of bases on the surface in minecraft lol.

@Darth-Apple here's the second dome which will be the first farm dome.

[Image: AzU7Iqs.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zalost's Sims architect journal SpookyZalost 4 6,855 April 30th, 2018 at 12:44 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost