Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Most underrated books

It goes without saying that the bestsellers list isn't a bad place to start when it comes to quickly vetting books that might be interesting. If I'm not lying, most of the books I read are probably either from the bestsellers list, or they are too specific in niche to get that kind of an at-scale audience. They're easy to find, and they're usually pretty good. 

It has, however, also had me wondering about the lesser-known circles of the writing world (a world I know very little about). How many excellent books, fiction or nonfiction, never had the kind of audience to get that level of attention? And of course, a quick stroll through a library (or these days, a few searches on the Amazon Kindle Store) shows that there are far more books that have been written than a Barnes and Noble can really give me a fair comprehension or appreciation of. 

What are some of the less-popular (but heavily underrated) books that you've read, and what makes you recommend them?

Unfortunately I'm overwhelmed. My books are just laughing. I can't do anything with the fact that we are subject to serious literature
My books are of course all in my mother tongue German
Here is my favorite list
Tommy Jaud
  • Vollidiot
  • Millionär
  • Überman
  • Resturlaub
  • Hummeldumm
  • Ein Scheiß muss ich
  • Der Löwe brüllt

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Lesser known circles...

I really enjoyed S.M. Stirling's Island in the Sea of Time books covering the "Nantucket" series from his The Change series. I wish he would have kept that going. The Emberverse books from The Change series is also really good.

Potentially controversially, Harry Turtledove's Southern Victory series was also fascinating.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many books do you read in a year? Darth-Apple 18 28,710 November 28th, 2019 at 7:47 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  What kind of books do you like writing? bench91 6 9,639 April 20th, 2019 at 8:02 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Fantasy books derailed 9 11,916 February 22nd, 2019 at 1:10 AM
Last Post: Guardian
  Do you think books are overpriced? Darth-Apple 20 36,209 September 1st, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Last Post: Agandl