Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cities you'd like to visit around the world

For me, it'd certainly be NYC (been once, want to see again), Los Angelos, Rome, London, and Tokyo. 

What cities are on your bucket list to visit? Which cities have you visited that you would recommend?

I've been to both NYC and Washington DC... NYC I think the most memorable thing was standing atop the empire state building and seeing lines of taxi's that stretch off into the distance. for DC... it was the smithonian Museum

places I'd like to visit... Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, Dubai, London, France... and while it's not technically a city.. McMurdo station. Because antarctica Tongue
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Tokyo would be a great one. France seems like an excellent country as well, although learning the language would probably be difficult. Tongue

(December 23rd, 2022 at 5:22 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Tokyo would be a great one. France seems like an excellent country as well, although learning the language would probably be difficult. Tongue

you'd be surprised actually. english is a mix of german, saxon, and french. and french is also a derivative of Roman latin. so if you're familiar with both english and at least one latin language it's a lot easier than say japanese Tongue
I tried to learn some French a little while ago, didn't get terribly far. Pronunciation is difficult.

Spanish is much easier for me, but perhaps that's just because I've been exposed to it for a good portion of my life.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Darth-Apple's post:
  • SpookyZalost
(December 23rd, 2022 at 5:28 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I tried to learn some French a little while ago, didn't get terribly far. Pronunciation is difficult.

Spanish is much easier for me, but perhaps that's just because I've been exposed to it for a good portion of my life.

Maybe put Quebec City on your list... you could get exposed to it there in a place where people speak both french and English...
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpookyZalost's post:
  • Darth-Apple
Lucerne would be nice - or anywhere in Switzerland, really. Trouble is, the place is just so expensive!
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
new york , memphis, melbourne, egypt cairo and giza because of the pharaohs and pyramids.

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
(December 23rd, 2022 at 5:30 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Maybe put Quebec City on your list... you could get exposed to it there in a place where people speak both french and English...

For someone that can only understand about 2% French That would be AWESOME.