Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Overview - the template system

This is easily going to be one of the most in-depth implementations I will be working with regarding current code. In fact, I may only try to implement this with the most essential features for now, and simply recode the less essential ones later. The entire user registration and login system will also have to be recoded.

I'm thinking I will use file based CSS files and templates for now. MyBB, for example, stores data regarding templates and CSS in the database, which isn't a bad idea, but it's a pain to code all of that right now. So, for the sake of simplicity, each template will have its own file. I'll probably group templates into different folders to make them easier to find eventually as well.

Messages In This Thread
Overview - the template system - by Darth-Apple - February 28th, 2014 at 7:38 PM
RE: Overview - the template system - by Acko - March 1st, 2014 at 3:33 AM
RE: Overview - the template system - by Darth-Apple - March 3rd, 2014 at 6:15 PM
RE: Overview - the template system - by Darth-Apple - March 3rd, 2014 at 9:56 PM