Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Wanderers In Time

Wanderers In Time - Entry 8

After Grandfather, Matthew, Peter, and Clara made it inside...

"Okay, I propose someone patrol here. Peter, Clara, why don't you two wait here and watch the front entry."
"Will do, Grandfather."
"Matthew? You and I will go a few levels and look around."
"If you wish."
"Good luck." Clara wished Grandfather and Matthew.
"Thanks... we'll probably need it." Matthew replied, while rolling his eyes.

After about 3 minutes, Peter and Clara sat down, watching the raging thunderstorm outside. After getting bored with keeping guard, Peter asked Clara a question

"So, Clara, just to clear things up, are you his grand-daughter?" he asked
"No. He just calls himself that."
"So it's just a title? Where did he get it from?"
"I'm not sure myself. There's this exclusive group of individuals on Ros, called the Time Masters. There are very few of them, and they can, in theory, time travel as well as enter alternate realities."
"They aren't really time travellers?"
"Their idea of time traveling is using physical machines instead of their minds and souls. It's a way for them to cheat time and reality travel, considering that only one or two people among some one-hundred are actually able to do it 'correctly'"
"It's just for bragging rights than?"
"For most of them, yes. Grandfather, on the other hand, he tells me he has this ability and uses it fairly often."
"Then wouldn't the Machine be useless to him than?"
"You could say that. But I think he wanted people to travel with him instead of going alone."
"He could always have traveled alongside the Time Masters. Since he has this ability wouldn't they want to travel with him? Isn't he unique among them?"
"Oh, you would think! They despise him. Pure jealousy, it is. They tried as they might, but they simply couldn't do it. So, begrudgingly, they exiled him not only from the Time Masters but from Ros itself."
"So thats why you traveled with him."
"Pretty much. Well, he saved my life. When I began my wandering through time, I was doing it for him. You see, he told of his story of being despised by the Time Masters. And unlike the humans such as yourself from Earth, I kind of just believed it right off the bat. It didn't take much effort considering what he did for me."
"I don't mean to sound like a sour person, but he doesn't have a very good temperament."
"I wouldn't either if I was exiled from my planet because I possess a supernatural ability. It is frustrating, but try and have some patience with him."

Grandfather and Matthew were on Level 6 of the tower, exploring a complex labyrinth of cooridoors and chambers. The walls and ceilings are metallic like stainless steel, and the lighting was very bright and shone off of the steel walls. The floors were cement with a layer of thin and noisy corrugated steel on top, making their movement very obvious as they echoed down all of the passageways.

"So, Grandfather, why do you think the Machine was live? Why did you and Peter get shocked?" Matthew asked
"I don't know and I don't quite care right now. We'll figure that out when we find your human friends and get out of this place."
"Look, you can't just say that. Do you not care about the fact that we may not be able to survive out here without the Machine?"
"Each problem has a solution, and I wouldn't be saying that after you forced your way onto my Machine."
"Alright, fine, I'll admit it, a tiny portion of this problem is our fault. But you can't just dismiss our needs. What are we going to eat? Can we live here if necessary?"

As they continued down a passageway, a barrier similar to an automatic door except plated with corrugated steel closed behind them. As they were turned around, another door closed behind them, blocking them into the passage.

"Now this is what happens when we go looking for adventure." Matthew said, in a tone that made his frustration and distrust for Grandfather obvious.
"Yeah, now be quiet.. I hear -" Grandfather told him.
"Don't you tell me to -"
"There's something approaching, and I'm trying to hear it!"

The two listened to the distant sound. It was quiet and distant, but echoed throughout the numerous halls of the tower. A few moments later, another "automatic" door opened from the side walls, revealing yet another passageway. After telling Matthew to wait, Grandfather walked very quietly toward the end of the passage. It was short and narrow. He looked around both corners and didn't find anything. After confirming it was clear, he motioned for Matthew to quietly walk toward him. The same sound Matthew and Grandfather heard was also being heard on the level above them by Clara and Peter.

The two went to the second level. As they got up there, a door closed behind them in the same way that it did to Grandfather and Matthew. And after that, the one in front of them closed too. Clara began panicking as her and Peter ran down various hallways as doors closed behind and in front of them, eventually trapping them into a small space, terrifying Clara. Then, a side door opened, and the faint sound appeared again.

"I don't know how to describe this sound... its like a machine of sorts... speeding up and slowing down, then stopping." Peter said, quietly.

"Oh no, it's getting closer." Clara said, terrified
"Listen, calm down, calm down, okay?"
"It's coming!"
"SShhhh! Listen to me. Just stand here."

Peter then walked forward and Clara sank to the ground.

"Hello? If you're there, we do not come to cause harm to you or yours. Please, reveal yourselves." Peter shouted

At that instant, a hideous white robotic creature came around a corner, with a strange weapon-looking device pointed directly at Peter, as Clara let out a blood-curdling scream.

Messages In This Thread
Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 30th, 2013 at 11:52 PM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by brian51 - August 31st, 2013 at 12:07 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - August 31st, 2013 at 12:51 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 31st, 2013 at 2:12 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - September 1st, 2013 at 12:56 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - September 1st, 2013 at 3:20 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - September 4th, 2013 at 9:15 PM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - September 6th, 2013 at 2:47 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - September 7th, 2013 at 4:13 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - September 7th, 2013 at 10:09 PM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Acko - September 8th, 2013 at 6:44 PM