Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Wanderers In Time

Wanderers In Time - Entry 1

"Ah, you're still here, Susan."

"Sure am."

"Restating the obvious - its what I do best. So how was your day?"

"Well Peter, in short it has been absolutely nothing except for people barging into my office and "inquiring" about the recent incidents in the mountains. I guess they see on the news that people are vanishing. So they elect to see, for themselves, people vanishing! I mean, who is really going to be up along Wolf Crossing at that time in the evening.}

"So they're pestering you also? It's all I've been hearing about all day from the bookkeepers and secretaries! I tell them, we don't know what to make of it, and now they're calling for an investigation. Which, I'm skeptical of all of this, but it may not be a bad idea. There ARE people who have just gone up the road and never returned the next day, but I suspect just a coyote or wolf or something."

"Well, there's no dead bodies laying around, no blood anywhere. And are they really going to get out of their cars at 9:30 at night?"

"That's what I'm wondering. Where are they going, exactly? That's my question."

"Ah, hi Jon."

"Hello there Peter, Susan. I wanted to let you both know of another incident I got from Wolf Crossing last night."

"Another one? Now what happened?"

"Well, a citizen came into my office, saying he saw these strange lights last night. These lights were faint and colored white and yellow."

"And this man is absolutely sure it's not a headlight or something?" asked Susan.

"Well, it's possible, but it would have shone for a much greater distance if drivers have their high beams turned on. And according to this man, the lights would pulsate, growing brighter and dimmer at no apparent interval. And whats more intriguing is that they would abruptly stop, and then resume pulsating just as quickly. Oh, and here's my boss."

"Oh, hello Paul."

"Good afternoon Peter! Jon, I have a message, it's from your wife. "

"Alright Paul. Sorry to cut this so short, but I'm sure it's... important... *rolls eyes*"

"No problem. Enjoy the rest of your evening.. or try to.. hehe."

"So, strange flashing lights in white and yellow?", asked Susan, after Paul and Jon Left

"Give me a break. It was probably someone's headlights!", Peter replied

"I know, but I still think we should visit Wolf Crossing to see for ourselves."

"Why waste our time with it? If people want to subscribe to all of this.. mumbo jumbo.. than that's their choice. I've heard stories of demons and ghosts for crying out loud! It's nonsense! "

"Of course it's ridiculous and irrational. But if we went there, gathered proof that it's not "demons and ghosts", then all these rumours will stop, and not to mention people coming in at the end of the shift, out of breath, and trembling!"

"I suppose you're right, but, how are we going to actually view these lights?"

"I thought maybe we'll drive there and pull off the road at the foot of the pass. That's where most of the reports are coming from. "

"So you're suggesting that driving through thick rush-hour traffic to get out of the city and then taking an additional hour to actually get to Wolf Crossing is a good idea?"

"Well, would you rather walk there? Or not go at all and continue with all the "reports"? I have shocked, angry, distressed, people frightened out of their minds, people coming in, in a huge crying mess, and I know you do too!"

"I suppose you're right. Should we go together or will we meet up?"

"We'll have to meet each other there. I have some stuff left to do before the end of my shift. I'll also need to go home and make dinner for the husband and kids."

"Yeah, the wife will probably wonder where I'm at too. I'll see you around 9 tonight?"

"Well enough."

About four hours later, Peter and Susan meet at an underpass at the Wolf Crossing exit on rural Highway 96.

"Okay, let's make this quick. Just after I got here, I heard a distant coyote howl!", Susan said.

"I don't think they'd come near the freeway.. there's too many lights and too much traffic noise. Let's just watch from under the overpass."

"I can see why people are so frightened by this place. A dark, ominous road going up a mountain. It makes me a bit edgy, but at least I'm not running to the city hall or police station in sheer terror..."

"Well, what do you think could happen?" Peter replied

"I don't know, a coyote may come out of the forest? Or a wolf or some other dangerous creature?"

"Well, if that does happen we just run to our cars."

"That's no help if we're being charged at!"

"*shakes head* Would you rather set up a video camera somewhere around here and leave?"

"That sounds best. Do you have one?"

"Well, um, no."

"I don't either. One of us should have brought one in the event we did see these "lights"."

"Speaking of which, there's one!"

"Umm, what is... oh, it's just a headlight. But of course! So, do you want to go back and get a camera?"

"I guess we have no other choice, except to get eaten by coyotes. [said sarcastically] And oh look, a fox just ran by! And why do I have to fetch the video camera? We'll both go get our cameras and put them at two different positions."

"Okay, that'll work. I'll see you around 11 or such."

"Susan, such an idiotic coward sometimes.." whispered Peter, to himself.

Just after Susan and Peter leave, the same lights which so many people have reported to the city hall, appear over the mountains.

Messages In This Thread
Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 30th, 2013 at 11:52 PM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by brian51 - August 31st, 2013 at 12:07 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - August 31st, 2013 at 12:51 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 31st, 2013 at 2:12 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - September 1st, 2013 at 12:56 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - September 1st, 2013 at 3:20 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - September 4th, 2013 at 9:15 PM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - September 6th, 2013 at 2:47 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - September 7th, 2013 at 4:13 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - September 7th, 2013 at 10:09 PM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Acko - September 8th, 2013 at 6:44 PM