Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Good HTML5 games

With the demise of Flash, I think it's time we had a thread for people to recommend good HTML5 games, which can replace any Flash games that people used to play, but no longer can Tongue .

I'll start with a couple of Pac-Man games. As you might expect from such an iconic game, there are quite a lot of HTML5 versions of Pac-Man out there. Sadly, many of them seem to be pretty lousy: a lot of them are missing key gameplay components altogether (the fruit being a common example of this). However, I did eventually find a good one, which did have the fruit, and everything else that a good Pac-Man game needs to have:

HTML5 Pac-Man

So far, this is the most faithful recreation of the arcade original that I can find. However, I will mention that it's quite a bit easier than the version I'm used to: the pace of the game is slower, the ghosts stay vulnerable for longer, and you get extra lives more frequently. As a result, I got up to level 15 on my first attempt (and then I didn't die: I just stopped because the game was no longer challenging me!)

As for Ms Pac-Man, there aren't as many of those; however, finding a good-quality one was actually easier:

HTML5 Ms Pac-Man

I will warn you, however, that this is a faster-paced game than the Pac-Man recreation that I linked above - and the difficulty ramps up rather quickly!

So, do you have any more that you'd like to recommend?
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015

Messages In This Thread
Good HTML5 games - by Kyng - January 26th, 2021 at 12:21 AM
RE: Good HTML5 games - by Darth-Apple - January 27th, 2021 at 4:20 AM